NGD: 594 Graveyard 2 Raven's Heart vs 594 Graveyard Red Bats in Flight

Wow, killer top indeed on that GY2.

Curious what is it about the bats in flight that make it a better player and sounding guitar for you? Different neck carve and pickups?

Pickups are the same but the bats has a few advantages:
- semi-hollow: ultra light and comfortable, and very resonant in comparison to the GY2
- Stainless steel frets: makes those 10s feel like 9s
Also I spec'd it with Pattern Regular, I wouldn't say that makes it more comfortable but it's definitely faster playing than the GY2. Those two neck profiles just call for a slightly different playing, the Pattern Vintage tends to slow me down but it does offer fantastic hand support.

Last edited:
Exactly. I told him I wouldn't have called that mint personally, but that I was more than willing to give a pass this time around given the price:
- very superficial marks from very minor playing and polishing. None that wouldn't buff out, in fact I buffed out most already anyways.
- couple small shallow scratches on the headstock very likely from a slightly careless change of strings. Not bothering taking out micro mesh paper and buffing compound for those though, as that could go wrong quickly.
Putting a picture of it in the listing and not mentioning it (letting the buyer think it might just be dust or something) still doesn't' make it mint, which is exactly what happened.

My idea of mint is: zero signs of use and identical to how the dealer received it from PRS.
Anything else, including polishing marks that are clearly not from the factory, falls into Excellent whenever I list something even if it can only be seen with a high intensity spotlight.
Granted very few sellers align with my 'concept' of mint :)
Even these are invariably in factory condition. So you and 11top are right. Mint means mint, even if you mean mint. Inexcusable indeed!

May her journey be smooth, certainly worthy!!! Good that she was able to have this play date with your GY2! And of course, sweet that she got the make over to make it better than "mint"!!!

Back