NGD: 594 from PRS Exp...

goof1073

My buddy and I made the trip down to hollowed halls of the PRS Factory again this year. While neither of us go into the event looking to purchase a guitar, we are also very realistic and know that if a certain guitar speaks to us our credit cards are in big trouble!!! When we arrived at the Signature event on Friday we made our way into the sales area full of anticipation of what we might find. There were a number of killer guitars but only a select few spoke to either of us...

...like so many others we did a couple of laps around the floor, grabbed a beverage or two on each lap and I ate my fair share of those little burrito bites. After my laps I found myself drawn to this Artist package 594 RW in River Blue at the Moore Music table...
image_8.jpeg

...I talked to Brett (the owner) for a good long while about the guitar and to me this was the best 594 in the room with a RW neck, bar none!! Well at the price I was quoted I found myself sticking with my original choice / option of getting one of the WL 594's from the Brian's Guitars run. So fast forward to the next day and we took another look at the sales floor to see what might have been new on the floor. While there were a some interesting new additions there was nothing that was a "must have"...but surprisingly this 594 beast was still available and Brett saw me eye balling it. Around 3:00 we take another trip through the sales floor in order to stain a piece of maple as a souvenir and this time past the table Brett told me about a new price that he was able to offer...that sealed the deal and my credit card flew out of my wallet. Now Brett mentioned to me there were some other folks interested in the guitar and if any of them see this...I'm sorry, but I'm not - I waited almost the entire event before I pulled the trigger.

So I've only had about an hour to noodle around on the guitar since getting home earlier in the week...but this model is the real deal!!! The neck, as advertised, has that almost broken-in feel and the p'ups are everything I always wanted out of the old Archtop p'ups I had in an old HB2; the lower output / vintage tone just rings out of this 6-string beast. While I have been an almost die-hard Singlecut guy for a number of years now, this guitar is the 6th McCarty variation that I've owned and it's by far the best.

Anyways...the sun poked out for a little while this morning before the rain came in so I got a couple of shots.

image.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

The new River Blue color is a really nice color in person...my Wife calls it Caribbean Blue, who am I to argue since she likes it so much!!
image_5.jpeg

Thanks again to everyone that posted early reviews and videos on this model...made my decision to purchase this guitar VERY easy! MA_Pete in particular since his Ted addiction / journey is one that I've followed closely and have had the pleasure of owning one of his past Ted axes so I knew our tastes in tone are really close.

Wow! Love that one. Amazing that it took that long to find a home. It was meant for you.

Wish I had gotten to say hi to you at the EXP. Next year!

Wow man...I gotta say that's one of the nicest 594's I've seen. Something about that color matched with the artist package bird inlays just looks insane. Hell of a score! Can't wait to try one out

Absolutely gorgeous! So glad that it sounds the way you wanted, too. Excited for you, my friend!

Lovely colour with that top. It almost looks like you could drown in it!

However, all those pictures and no image of the crackwood? There are some RW lovers here… :D

However, all those pictures and no image of the crackwood? There are some RW lovers here… :D
Trust me...I'm also a RW / Crack-whore myself and this will join 2 other RW equipped guitars....

...and since you asked for some back shots:

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

One of the things that really interested me was finally being able to get an Ebony board on a RW neck. I also already switched out the TRC to mark the occasion:

image_6.jpeg

Lovely dark rosewood specimen you have there. Thanks :)

Ebony on rosewood is great. My AP has the same combo.

Dude! Lov3 that blue-green. Hope it plays as good as it looks.

Typo, but leaving it after the fact.

Last edited:
believe it or not, I woke up and the image of this beauty in my head
what a wonderful color.

Back