NGD. 59/09 limited edition goodness.

littleredguitars2

well a while back i was looking to find a sister for my 53/10 and after a LOT of research and consideration i decided to grab this beauty from Wildwood Guitars (excellent people by the way). i love this guitar already. plays even nicer than my 53/10 which is hard to believe but you can't say no to the rosewood neck. this guitar was on consignment and 7ish years old and honestly, this could pass as brand new. it is immaculate. wildwood took some pics. i took some pics. heres a small album. let me know what you think! the only thing i could wish is that it had a trem for a bit of versatility but i'm not complaining. i'll just have to step up my vibrato game some more.

album:
http://imgur.com/a/UwGcT

videos! first one is the amazing demo/review from greg koch at wildwood guitars and 2nd is a quick video from me that i did tonight (dont worry, its not synced at first but it syncs later in the video)

wildwood:

me

6lliaBK.jpg

rRac3py.jpg

gQjS0fK.jpg

Gorgeous guitar...and although much attention goes to the top and neck, that back is one gorgeous slab o tree as well. Congrats!

I was waiting to see your NGD thread after we chatted. This run was outstanding IMHO, like getting a PS for core pricing and it's not just a pretty face, tone is to die for as well. I hope it's all you thought it would be, it sure is beautiful... Congrats!

Yes it really is a killer guitar. Might as well be a private stock. Not like id spec it much differently anyway! Still getting to know these pickups since I'm so used to the 5310s.

And yes it's Indian rosewood. Its very dark. I love it. Plays beautifully

Congrats!! Absolutely love that guitar, and really enjoyed your playing as well!! I love the 59/09 at the bridge on a DC McCarty that I own. Fantastic pickup!

Kevin

thanks everyone! i can't wait to spend more time with this beauty. i'm currently looking into swapping out the knobs and pickup rings for something different. possibly wood.

Back