NGD: 509 Orange Tiger Flamed Maple Neck

Smitty1517

It came in around 7pm last night. Got a couple hours of playing in. Love it so far. First off, craftsmanship is top notch, just a beautiful piece of art. Had to get used to picking w/ the middle pickup but after 10 minutes or so it was not an issue. I didn't get a picture of the neck but the flamed maple neck feels great. From having only humbucker electrics, I've not played too much on single coil, and I'm loving it so far. Neck PUP sounds like a strat (did a blue sky jam and it sounded great), bridge sounds like a telly (real twangy, I play a lot of country/rock so it's perfect), middle sounds like Jer's sweet bliss. Didn't really get a chance to get loud (wife was home) but planning on giving it hell this afternoon. Maybe I can set it down long enough to get more pictures....
SqWzNtM.jpg

Sweeeeet! Have you played a 513? I'm curious to see how they differ from each other. I really dig the 509s!

Dig it, congrats, you hame some tonal exploration and true enjoyment along with it.
Rock on brother.

Sweeeeet! Have you played a 513? I'm curious to see how they differ from each other. I really dig the 509s!

@Smitty1517 , Sweet sweet guitar!!! Love my 509!

The 513 to me was a little darker when I had one a few years ago. Never used the "Heavy" settings much. Switching is less complicated with the 509 as well.
I feel like with my 509, if I want to growl, the bridge stays in double coil mode. If I want to twang, I tap it with the switch. Love the middle pickup and combinations
with it!!! Definitely Swiss Army Knife with all the switching positions being useful!

@Smitty1517 , Sweet sweet guitar!!! Love my 509!

The 513 to me was a little darker when I had one a few years ago. Never used the "Heavy" settings much. Switching is less complicated with the 509 as well.
I feel like with my 509, if I want to growl, the bridge stays in double coil mode. If I want to twang, I tap it with the switch. Love the middle pickup and combinations
with it!!! Definitely Swiss Army Knife with all the switching positions being useful!

Thanks! Leaving work in 10 minutes and not putting it down until I go to bed.

Gobs of range on that sweetheart.
I’m curious how different the top is in different light.

Yeah..... if it's as crazy as my Faded Whale Blue quilt top in different light, it'll have about 99 personalities but the b@tch ain't one... o_O:D

Back