NGD: 408 Standard

yankeebulldog

I don't like to get that specific
Just got this one in today, 408 Std in Antique White. I needed something a little more pedestrian yet versatile for a project I'm working on. This one will do nicely.

Really digging the new birds. This is the first guitar I've had with them.

Not sure if it's the solid hog body or if they've tweaked these 408s since the Sig Limited run but to me this one sounds a lot better. The neck in full humbucker mode is fuller sounding that I recall my other guitars sounding. It will compliment my Brent Mason nicely as I'll plan to use this for heavier tones.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying about 'pedestrian' (as opposed to something made from wood from Noah's ark or whatever), but that is A+ all the way IMO. Classy. That electronics layout and the color just work well together somehow... Congrats.

Lloyd

I just got a DGT in antique white and I'm lovin that finish. At first I wasn't sure but now I'm really excited by how classy it looks.

A lot of new 408s recently.
Definitely got me trippin and wondering if this will be next...

Damn, there's just something about the 408 standards that makes me want to rub them all over my naked body. And also play them. Those white ones and the Frost Blue Metallic ones are just so SEXY in their understated elegance.

So I took this with me to my weekly 70s Hard Rock Ensemble practice and it did very well. I had been using the Brent Mason but I wanted something with a little more power in the bridge as I've got a few leads that I need a fuller sound cut through the mix. Still really digging the tones. When comparing the neck tones to my Brent Mason, I'm not really able to tell much difference. The 408 Std might be a tad fuller sounding probably due to the scale length and the lack of the maple neck but most people probably couldn't tell.

Back