NGD! 30th Anniversary SE

Cbouty

2015 SE Cu24 30th Anniversary Chestnut

My second PRS... My first quilt top... My first pull tap... BIG shoutout to Dave’s Guitars in WI... great deal on this guitar that was used, but it must have been bought and stored because it’s mint!!!

Played it for a while today and love the HFS pickups! Going to send off the tuners to John Mann for the locking conversion and then leave the rest stock...
htB9ECI.jpg

TpoPzuL.jpg

0N7CUb9.jpg

c5OYMuu.jpg

I have the same guitar, same color. I hope you like yours as much as I do mine! Of course, because I'm a knucklehead, I modified the crap out of it. They are indeed beautiful, and understated. You can take it anywhere, sound good, and not have a breakdown if it gets a nick. Enjoy!

Awesome Cbouty! Beautiful figuring on that top!

Can you give us some details? I have a newer model, burled ash top, Matteo blue, natural back, 85/15 S pups. I was also thinking of the tuner conversion for this one, and another SE.

They were wide thin neck. There's nothing terribly unusual about any of the other features, other than the birds and the excellent colors. I put Hipshot locking tuners (as always), a Mann made NOs trem, a USA nut, black chrome pickup covers, and a new output Jack and CTS tone and volume. Other than that, it's stock. And as cbouty said, it has VB/HFS g & b pickups.

Just thought I’d throw my two cents in on the the SE vs core debate that always seems to come up... since I own one of each now :)

After about 10 hours on my SE, I can honestly say the feel and playability are the same. Now the tones and electronics are totally different, but the necks are both amazing! Sustain and setups (once dialed in) are identical!

I have seen alot of posts about the SEs having problems staying in tune. To be fair, my SE did get the John Mann USA locking tuner upgrade and I did the same nut maintenance I do with any new to me guitar. I play 10’s, so I use 200 grit sandpaper to the sidewalls of the nut string grooves (never the floor as to not deepen them) if they seem tight (since this guitar came with 9’s) and follow it with some 8000 grit that I usually use to polish frets to make sure the grooves are smooth as butter. Surprisingly, the G and B notches needed the most widening (I would have assumed it would have been the LowE and A). I see no reason to change out this nut for another one. With these two tweeks, I haven't had to retune once.

I love my core custom 24 and have that special bond that you do with that instrument that just clicks. However, If I could go back in time to before I bought it and replace it with my SE, I’d still be totally happy and drinking the PRS Koolaid!

Maybe I got really lucky with my particular SE, but that’s my two cents! ;)

2BZuMAl.jpg

Back