NGD - 30th Anniv. Private stock Custom 24 Royal Blue?

My 2013 FBJ 513 NEVER SLEPT IN THE CASE IN 3 AND HALF YEARS IN WELL LIT ROOM WITH NATURAL LIGHT AND HAS FADED LIKE 10-20 PERCENT SO I FIND IT VERY ODD FOR THE BLUE TO.BECOME NEARLY TRAMPAS GREEN. ALTHOUGH EITHER COLOR IS LOVELY

OP likes the guitar. Says it’s a great one. He’s keeping it.

How about, “Congratulations, dude!”

But, no. Not here. Everything’s gotta be a controversy. Everyone’s gotta put in their two outraged cents and swing their d!cks pointlessly. :rolleyes:

Well...some of us are still young enough where our stuff still swings :)

One of my favorite fantasy things is old vintage guitars in PERFECT condition, but you can see the yellowing and natural fading in the wood, components, color and finish.

That would be an ideal vintage guitar for me. Genuine aging. For me aging and damage are two totally separate things. One is desirable and the other is not.

Yes! Wouldn’t that be awesome!

Major credit to the OP for truly making the best of a bad situation. We would all do well to have such a positive attitude.

But that said, the seller that posted the original photos of that guitar and showed it as blue ought to be ashamed. There's no justification for posting photos of that guitar in its pre-faded condition and declaring it brand new. That's a textbook example of bait-and-switch advertising, which is fraud.

Totally understand keeping the guitar that is just too good to try to send back!! But could you at least give him negative feedback for his dishonesty???

Kevin

Awesome guitar, congrats!
It probably realised that green sounds better anyway (that's a fact) and it changed its color... ;)

If you're curious, maybe you want to take a look (and some pictures for us) of the pickup cavities. If it's blue in there, the fading could indeed be because of exposure to light, but maybe it's green in there as well and the reason is actually the wood... :)

That is crazy. If you look at the top though, it is absolutely the same guitar. Tops match exactly from the pictures. I had no idea a guitar could fade to that level.

Awesome guitar, congrats!
It probably realised that green sounds better anyway (that's a fact) and it changed its color... ;)

If you're curious, maybe you want to take a look (and some pictures for us) of the pickup cavities. If it's blue in there, the fading could indeed be because of exposure to light, but maybe it's green in there as well and the reason is actually the wood... :)

Yes, I am damn curious myself and will give it a look before too long and report/post back. But we are happy together now... and that is what really counts.

Green is better than blue. And I have a bunch of green guitars to prove it.

Back