NGD - 30th Anniv. Private stock Custom 24 Royal Blue?

WD 3D

Green is the new blue...
Woke up to a fierce windstorm here in Northern VA and found out that the facility I work at was closed today due to lack of power. I knew it would be a good day anyway because it was NGD and I was expectantly going downstairs to check the UPS tracking and see where it was only to receive an email that I could pick it up at 8am (I had previously arranged for them to hold at depot since I figured I would be at work).

So... let me start at the beginning where I was looking for a blue guitar surfing reverb and found a pic that just took my breath away. I found this:
a7anYGv.jpg

And I pretty much couldn't think of anything else until I pulled the trigger and purchased it. It was near double what I was planning on spending but I hadn't seen anything that struck me like that ever before. Which brings me to today.

Got home, unboxed and found this gorgeous case
cPaTQmC.jpg

And then held my breath as I opened and found
ea85jBi.jpg

And while it is pretty, my response was WTF! It's green! So here are the glamour shots. I love the body, the neck, the feel, its setup nicely, imminently playable...
XZkF0EF.jpg

fQqxyUH.jpg

y6RoPnk.jpg

m1jCqMl.jpg

But it is green and not the blue guitar I thought I was getting. It is growing on me but... damn, I can't help that I feel a bit let down given my expectations. I went back to the Reverb listing and there are a three shots at the end which are certainly not as blue as the first three but they don't near approximate the green machine I now have here with me. Nonetheless its a gorgeous instrument.

And here is my PRS Family as it now sits. SE Santana, SE Soapbar II and now the 30th PS Custom 24 each taking a turn posed in my display case.
2ANrkqS.jpg
8mbgSUQ.jpg
UBIgfvv.jpg

I’m lead to believe that blue can fade! Maybe not that much though in just over three years.

2nd most notable will approve of the colour!;)

Beautiful guitars. That's not the first time I've seen that happen with that shade of blue. Constant sunlight hitting the body and smoke filled rooms will do that.

Well I am told by the dealer that it has been in its case all this time...

Didn't realize blue could fade into green that much...that's crazy. I agree, looks a lot like Trampas Green now which is one of my favorite colors! Nice axe man...

I'm confused, is it actually the same guitar from the first photo? I personally prefer the green myself, but I'd feel disappointed too if I spent a lot on something that wasn't exactly what I expected.
I wondered the same thing, but visually all the appointments and hardware match.

Plus, it’s not like you can magically conjure up a PS no. I hear those pens are like “gold dust”. Don’t tell @sergiodeblanc , you know what he’s like with gold!;)

I love the guitar, its beautiful and I am so lucky to even see it, let alone hold it. It is just different than what I was expecting.

What's the PS build sheet say regarding the color? You can clearly see that the tops match in the sellers photos and yours. That's pretty drastic change.

Looks gorgeous!

I actually was looking at a dark purple cu22 online a few weeks ago. I asked the dealer for a weight and he also included an updated picture that showed it had faded to dusky pink. Kinda surprising that some colors can do this...

Royal blue did have an issue with fading in the early years so at least it's accurate. It's still a beautiful guitar.

There is zero chance that the guitar faded like this. I'm a huge fan of blue and have two right now. Years of light exposure, zero fade. The maple necks have gone from white to yellow.

That is super weird.

Wow, that's a pretty significant change in color despite being only a few years old. It was so drastic, I was skeptical that it was the same guitar until I compared the listing with the pics you shared. I can't believe the seller didn't bother noting the color change in the description because I would imagine that would have affected the price you were willing to pay (and whether to make the purchase at all).

It really is beautiful, so even if you decide you're keeping it, I think it's worth bringing this up with the seller before leaving a review. I'd hate for your feelings over how this played out to hinder your joy with the new guitar.

Back