NGD: 2021 PRS McCarty 594 Hollowbody II in Trampas Green

letterk

Apologies if you saw this on Facebook, but thought I'd share it here as well. I have a 2019 594 SH in custom black gold wrap, and love it to pieces, but there was just something about the Hollowbody calling my name. Finally got a chance to play a few recently but was holding out for Trampas Green or some form of blue, either with natural sides and neck. This showed up recently and I had to jump on it, even if I overpaid a bit. My original idea was to sell the SH because they're so similar, but now I'm having second thoughts. This top is super hard to take photos of. The photos make it look like there's a big difference in intensity of the two halves. But it's very dependent on light. When you rotate it, the intensity bounces back and forth on each side.

The store did a better job, so here are some of the listing photos.

OMG that is beautiful! Trampas Green is a deceptive color as it looks so different with different light. The top on your guitar is amazing. Congrats.

As you should. They're my favorite PRS right now. This may be sacrilege to say, but thought the DGT was my next one until I played both back to back.

How do you like the 594 Soapy?
Oh man... the 594 soapy is a consistent "Go to".
Honestly, the 594 format is excellent.
The WL 594 is a mother of a guitar as well.
The neck is perfect, as is the scale.
Adding a hollowbody would finish it for me.

And it's totally different than my Trampas Green SE Paul's (which I just sold).
This, definitely, for sure. I love the Trampas Green color (check my profile pic) but the SE ones just don't seem to have "the look." It's probably a consequence of being done overseas vs. the Maryland factory--or by Trampas himself. Whatever the case, it's a fantastic (and classic, in my book) PRS core-model color.

Apologies if you saw this on Facebook, but thought I'd share it here as well. I have a 2019 594 SH in custom black gold wrap, and love it to pieces, but there was just something about the Hollowbody calling my name. Finally got a chance to play a few recently but was holding out for Trampas Green or some form of blue, either with natural sides and neck. This showed up recently and I had to jump on it, even if I overpaid a bit. My original idea was to sell the SH because they're so similar, but now I'm having second thoughts. This top is super hard to take photos of. The photos make it look like there's a big difference in intensity of the two halves. But it's very dependent on light. When you rotate it, the intensity bounces back and forth on each side.

The store did a better job, so here are some of the listing photos.

Stellar! It's gorgeous.

Back