NGD - 2021 594 SC McCarty Sunburst

SundanceSanDiego

Nothing out of the ordinary about this brand new 594, but stoked to find a non-10 Top that looks (to my eye) as good as many 10 Top's I've seen, and is also fairly light weight for a singlecut (8 lbs 1.9oz.). Went for a more traditional finish than I have on my other PRS (C22 Piezo in Charcoal Cherry, 408 in Emerald).

I always find it interesting to hear what others considered, and this time around I chose the 584SC over a DGT, McCarty, or 594 Double Cut. Purchased at Pitbull Audio in National City (San Diego) CA, a fantastic store with a great selection of brand new guitars and gear.

XkUg11I.jpg

J97ekrb.jpg

Last edited:
That is beautiful. You have made a great choice, i just got a singlecut 594 myself and its an amazing instrument. I cant hype the pattern vintage neck enough, but dude, that neck is perfection.

I like that top as well. But, would a top with those pronounced vertical lines ever be considered a 10 top? I mean a 10 top has to be perfect right & the vertical grain would be considered a defect.

again, I like it. I prefer to see some vertical grain. But as far as grading goes I believe that’s why that beautiful top is not considered a 10.

Wow... that is pretty !

"Vertical lines " ? Didn't see them at first , but now that I have ... Wow, that is pretty ! :)

That is the kind/degree of flame (stripey) I'd love to have in the SE Hollowbody II I am hot to buy...

Or in the top of my proposed S2 Thinline Plus !

I'd be all over that (as long as it didn't cost $4K ) ... :oops:

I like that top as well. But, would a top with those pronounced vertical lines ever be considered a 10 top? I mean a 10 top has to be perfect right & the vertical grain would be considered a defect.

again, I like it. I prefer to see some vertical grain. But as far as grading goes I believe that’s why that beautiful top is not considered a 10.
Yep, it sure could be. This is an Artist Package top (one step above 10 Top), and it's got a lot of vertical grain.

KsSmdGn.jpg

Congrats Sundance, that's a beauty.

Pre-lockdown I played a 10-top 594 in exactly the same colour, £5k price - I'd say your top's better!

So you essentially got what many consider to be as good or better than a 10 top for a standard core price.

I paid $4200+ for mine. I’m jealous.

Double wow! Pretty much a dream Singlecut to me. That's a very light weight for these.

All it needs is amber lampshades and it'll look perfect.

totally agree on Amber lampshades, I am SO doing that..PRS seems to go with clear/black for nearly every guitar with nickel hardware and I get it, but for a 594 SC, amber is the way to go. Really wish PRS had a Fender-eque 'vintage tuner' with the hole/slot combo. Makes string changes nearly as fast as locking, but still keep weight down and looks vintage.

Back