NGD - 2020 S2 McCarty 594 Thinline - McCarty Tobacco Burst

shimmilou

Established in 1963
I am a few NGDs behind, but this very recent addition is such a great guitar. Also have the S2 594 DC, with maple top, which is a fantastic guitar (love it), but like the all mahogany thinline even better. While the two guitars sound similar, both play extremely well, the thinline has a bit mellower, and smoother sound, more midrange bark with the highs and lows a bit more subdued than the S2 594, practically the perfect sound for me, and definitely distinctive compared to the S2 594. Very pleased to have both.

The thinline is versatile, with the push/pull pots giving great split coil sounds, particularly excellent in the middle pup selector switch position with both pups split (very tele like, but mellow). The cleans are beautiful, harmonically rich and smooth, terrific sustain, resonance and clarity, never harsh. When using distortion, the sound stays mellow and smooth, with great grind, brilliant note definition and clarity, and very responsive to pick attack, with terrific nuances and subtleties easily brought out (very chewy, if that makes sense). :cool:

The thinline is also much lighter with a slimmer neck, just a joy and very easy to play. This one is my new favorite as far as sound, supplanting my Cu 22 which had been my favorite since I got it. The S2 line is just phenomenal, and this one is the best so far IMO, another PRS home run. :)

50794628223_904cfc28d4_o.jpg

50794628423_79c67cd99e_o.jpg

50794628303_f5b08488cd_o.jpg

Huuuuge congrats! Looks great! Thanks for the info about thinner neck, I could not bond with core 594 necks. Same pups as core maple caped 594’s?

Sweet guit-box man! I had a choice and went with the maple top 594, perhaps one of these are in my future.

As far as I know the S2 594's all have SE electronics and "S" pickups (Korean made)

I have been intrigued by the thin lines for a while. Or maybe an SE semi hollow 22.

Huuuuge congrats! Looks great! Thanks for the info about thinner neck, I could not bond with core 594 necks. Same pups as core maple caped 594’s?

Thank you. Same pups as the S2 594 with maple cap, the “S” versions, imports. The Core 594 has US made pups.

I'm not surprised you like it. I love my Frost Blue slimline 594. The neck is fantastic and the pickups are surprisingly sweet sounding. I have vintage style locking tuners on order, should have them in a few days!

Back