NGD - 2020 Paul's Guitar

Great buy! Ever since I got a TCI Paul’s I’ve been a fan of this model. It speaks for itself!

Beautiful. I also have a non 10 top guitar that has one of the prettiest tops I have. It’s a similar color as yours.

My buddy recently got a Paul's and I love it. I'm jealous! I'm going to end up getting a Paul's or an ME V eventually.

Awesome guitar. Congrats! I enjoyed your tale and of course, I love your Siamese cat. I've always had at least one in my life. I love how vocal they are.

That top has awesome character, which I think has more personality than a large percentage of the run-of the mill 10 tops I’ve seen over the years. Not that I’m disrespecting 10 tops...I have a few, and I love them, but sometimes I look at one labeled a 10 top, scratch my head, and say “huh”? Especially when I see one like yours, or my SSH that’s not a 10 top and wonder what the criteria is for labeling a guitar as a 10 top.
I love a top with character, and interesting, contrasting wood grain. It speaks to me a lot more than some of the symmetrically lined, or chevron angled, or especially the skinny lined ones disappearing into the dark border of the wrap top. I’ve been a PRS player continuously since 1993, when I bought my “orangey”ce-24. From that moment on, I was hooked. It stayed in tune, played in tune, sounded great with any amp, and looked awesome...to me.
That’s what’s important...what it looks like to me. I never bought them as an investment, I bought them because I was playing up to 5 nights a week and I needed a reliable “tool”. Then one PRS became 2, then 3, etc.. you know how it goes. So, the important point here is: Does the guitar speak to you? If yes, then buy it!

I think you need to get that cat's hearing checked - everyone knows with guitars you use a headstock-mounted tunER.

Great looking guitar! Congrats!

Congrats! Really like the top on that one and the color is perfect (purrrfect?) for it!

Thank you everyone. My cat really loves the smell of new guitars :)

After a couple of days playing and A/Bing it with my other guitars (specially my 2 PRS) I can see this is truly one kind of a beast.

Unplugged you can feel the sustain and even, being my lightest guitar, it can compete with all of the others (including singlecuts and 594)

When plugged, if there’s one word to describe the tones of the guitar it has to be “clarity”. Everything seems to ring just as it should. With the humbuckers engaged it reminds me of my SC245 57/08 pickups, with extra definition but without losing any of the warmth. I love the P90-ish character of the pickups. Playing with the tone and volume pots there are tons of different options, and all of them great. This guitar sounds alive, very dynamic.

But what i wasn’t expecting at all was the perfect single coil sounds. It’s not like my strat or tele, but it’s really close. Love the neck pickup and i can see myself gigging just with this one guitar and covering all the bases.

I can see why this guitar can cut through any mix. It’a like a mix between classic and modern. Compared to my 594 it has more output, more bite but you never lose the “soul” of a classic instrument.

I’m not sure if the greatness of the guitar (at least for me) is because of the 25’ scale, the narrowfield pickups, the TCI system or if it’s a combination of all these things.

I’ve tried to describe it, but it’s quite difficult for me to explain the sound. It’s nothing like my sc245 or the 594, and although it seems like a McCarty with different pickups, it’s completely different to the McCartys i’ve owned in the past.

i have to play more but the Paul is staying with me and it can be my main guitar...xD

I’d love to hear from other PG owners about their takes on this model.;)

Here are the three sisters (and if anyone asks, the next one will be a SC594, 2020 of course )

10JI2tH.jpg

I recently got one too. Your description of the sound is very inline with my experience. The only other PRS I have is a 24-08 with 58/15mt’s. I love them both. The PG has higher definition in notes to me. Seems less forgiving as it’s more apparent when I miss. My next will be a McCarthy. Leaning towards the hollowbody but I need to play one first.

That top has awesome character, which I think has more personality than a large percentage of the run-of the mill 10 tops I’ve seen over the years. Not that I’m disrespecting 10 tops...I have a few, and I love them, but sometimes I look at one labeled a 10 top, scratch my head, and say “huh”? Especially when I see one like yours, or my SSH that’s not a 10 top and wonder what the criteria is for labeling a guitar as a 10 top.
I love a top with character, and interesting, contrasting wood grain. It speaks to me a lot more than some of the symmetrically lined, or chevron angled, or especially the skinny lined ones disappearing into the dark border of the wrap top. I’ve been a PRS player continuously since 1993, when I bought my “orangey”ce-24. From that moment on, I was hooked. It stayed in tune, played in tune, sounded great with any amp, and looked awesome...to me.
That’s what’s important...what it looks like to me. I never bought them as an investment, I bought them because I was playing up to 5 nights a week and I needed a reliable “tool”. Then one PRS became 2, then 3, etc.. you know how it goes. So, the important point here is: Does the guitar speak to you? If yes, then buy it!

I’m in love with this top. I’ve had 9 PRS and this is the one that i like the most, even compared with some 10 tops and artist package ones. I guess I also like that it’s unique compared to some 10 tops that, of course are great, but sometimes are too similiar one to another.

IMO the best part of it is that there’s a top for everyone, and I haven’t seen a bad one from PRS yet :)

Back