NGD - 2020 DGT (with TCI Pickups)

73385846_502419173699071_8192895557500881403_n.jpg

I'm wondering if my '19, with the binding, has the TCI pickups. Would it say on them?

A classics beauty Pete!

Thanks, everyone!

They sound amazing! I will get a chance to A/B them with a pre-DCI DGT this weekend, will report back.

Me too re Cherry Back, especially with the contrast against the McCarty Sunburst. I love McCarty Sunburst!!

Nope re speed knobs. They appear to be stock for 2020. The PRS Website pics show Speed Knobs. Maybe DGh is using them now and asked for them to be changed? I will run with them for a while and see if I like them. Visually I prefer lampshades, but no big deal...

Does DG prefer a speed knob rather than a lampshade?

I'm wondering if my '19, with the binding, has the TCI pickups. Would it say on them?
No, there's nothing on the pick up covers. Might be listed in the modcat, though. I remember you posting the green on on IG when you got it, but I don't remember when that was. I don't think TCI made it into anything before October, 2019.

Wow, that is beautiful. I love that color on PRSs. I also love non-10 top DGTs. I also love no birds on DGTs like my Standard DGT.

I can’t believe they are putting the old knobs on these now, that is awesome. I love lampshades but love the vintagesque speed knobs.

Wow, that is beautiful. I love that color on PRSs. I also love non-10 top DGTs. I also love no birds on DGTs like my Standard DGT.

I can’t believe they are putting the old knobs on these now, that is awesome. I love lampshades but love the vintagesque speed knobs.

Thanks, Rick! Yeah, the speed knobs are growing on me, gives it a retro look.

Funny, I posted the guitar for sale on Reverb today. That might even be a first for me, posting a guitar for sale while the NGD thread is still alive and kicking! :)

I had the 594Fest get-together as documented on the other post, and I wanted to get a killer lineup of the 2020s with TCI pickups to compare with the crew. I got the McCarty and the DGT to represent the 25" vintage voiced PRS Guitars, in combination with the many DC and SC 594s we had there. Both the McCarty and the DGT are great, but the McCarty is more my thing, with a Wide Fat Neck carve and the same flattened jumbo frets on the 594s, so I decided to sell the DGT and keep the McCarty. I love the tones from the DGT, I just don't agree with the narrower string spacing from that neck carve, and the big frets.

The other DG signature product, the DG 30, is a definite keeper, that rocks and is right up my alley! Great amp, and a nice complement to my HXDA and many other Plexi voiced amps, the DG 30 is something a little different, and I dig that about it.

Open up the back. Mine (July 2019) has an extra resistor on the bridge and neck volume pots. This is wired into the same lug as the treble bleed circuit. I "think" mine is "TCI" equipped. Edit: Today I pulled the entire harness out, there are certainly extra resistors on both volume lugs. TCI all day .......

Last edited:
I dig it, Pete!

A most excellent looking specimen, and I’m sure it sounds great. On a personal note, I love the narrower string spacing on the Pattern Regular and DGT necks. For me they play a little faster, probably because it’s what I learned on as a kid.

“They had guitars then?”

“They had to do something with the leftover gourds.”

thats interesting, I can't quite see but in the treble bleed circuit photo in thread are they having them in series? my after market has them in parallel.

And if the TCI is just another cap, would be interesting if someone can get the value - they are cheap as chips

thats interesting, I can't quite see but in the treble bleed circuit photo in thread are they having them in series? my after market has them in parallel.

And if the TCI is just another cap, would be interesting if someone can get the value - they are cheap as chips
The cap is across lugs 1 and 2. The resistor is from lug 1 to ground

“One of these days maybe I will do a Private Stock DGT with a Pattern or Pattern Vintage Neck Carve”

That’s been on my radar as well for quite some time. I had a PS DGT built 7 years ago with the expectation of a WF neck carve but it somehow got lost in the communication exchanges and ended up with a DGT carve. With the recent change of pickups in the PG, I’ve also been thinking of doing a PS Trem equipped PG.

Sorry guys, but for the sake of information - is everyone sure that the DGT pickups are TCI'd now? The website says the finish was updated for 2020, the pickups aren't mentioned; not surprising if it's a signature guitar.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are "TCI- pickups"? And: ist this an option or they stock now?

Learn something everyday. Thank you for the gut shot. The resistor and cap on the pots are not known treble bleed circuits. The resistor is too big. 10 Meg. Similar to the 2009 Sunburst 22 3.3 Meg resistor across the pot.
It was explained to me that it was to "tune" the pickup. Some info: https://humbuckersoup.com/treble-bleed-circuit-wiring/ The cap is the treble bleed like always. Someone else may know more. TCI? ???.

Learn something everyday. Thank you for the gut shot. The resistor and cap on the pots are not known treble bleed circuits. The resistor is too big. 10 Meg. Similar to the 2009 Sunburst 22 3.3 Meg resistor across the pot.
It was explained to me that it was to "tune" the pickup. Some info: https://humbuckersoup.com/treble-bleed-circuit-wiring/ The cap is the treble bleed like always. Someone else may know more. TCI? ???.
Only the cap is treble bleed ---- The resistor is used to tame the highs . Read this link from Lindy Fralin

https://www.fralinpickups.com/2018/10/17/using-resistors-in-guitars-101/

I don't think it has to do anything with TCI

Back