NGD - 2019 S2 Mira

shimmilou

Established in 1963
My guitar arrived a month early, a very pleasant surprise! It is everything I expected, luscious goodness! Fit/feel/finish/intonation/setup/looks, all seem perfect.

The low output pups are terrific, very smooth, bright and harmonically rich, and the guitar has fantastic sustain even at lower amp volume. All switch positions sound wonderful, and the split coil sounds are great, chimey but warmer than traditional single coil sounds. Using the bridge pup with moderate gain, I can get some really nice, Sabbath SG type sounds. The pups are responsive to attack, much like P90s. Using a light touch the sound is cleaner, and digging in adds some nice grit. This Mira nails a lot of Classic rock sounds that I love, does heavy very well, has great musical cleans, and It is simply a killer guitar. While I do love my SEs, the US made PRS definitely are the next level. I'm lovin' it!

33713179788_ebdf16b4d9_o.jpg

32647708777_6ffdb1eb91_o.jpg

47537211152_458c4a7e12_o.jpg

Thanks all, I'm really enjoying it. I took it out yesterday to a jam session, and got to hear two others playing it, so I could really listen to it's sounds through a 1983 Concert amp, both clean and dirty :). They are much better players than me, so they were getting some killer sounds that I wasn't.....yet. It is truly an amazingly unique sounding axe with lots of very pleasing tones. Couldn't wait to get it back from them, which took awhile, as they really enjoyed it too. :cool: I've been playing it at home through a Bugera 100 watt head and 4x12 cab, and it does everything I want, from sparkly cleans, to classic rock, to heavier metal, all just beautiful.

Nice axe sir, reminds me of my sg!

Thank you. That's what I thought when I first saw it, and it can get some nice SG sounds too. I call it "the SG killer", because it killed any desire I have for an SG. ;)

BTW, it fits nicely in a PRS vintage case.

Last edited:
Just got the semi hollow version and agree with you about the great tones. Rock it in good health!

Oh yeah, your SH tobacco sunburst is a beauty! I very nearly changed my order and went the same route, when that same guitar became in stock at Sweetwater. I debated for awhile, looking at that SH beauty, very tempting, but I was still leaning towards the red solid version. That SH didn't last but a day or two, then it was gone, removing the temptation.........for awhile anyway. :)

I just picked up a used S2 Mira and I’m amazed at how good it is. I haven’t touched another guitar in a week. I’m now thinking I might need another S2 guitar. I also have a CE22 and I prefer the Mira. Just fits my tastes I guess.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your new guitar.

Thanks, and congrats. Usually with PRS, "might" becomes "will" very quickly. ;)

I bought my first PRS a little over a year ago.....now I have eight :eek:, after selling two others :(, one more already ordered, and looking/waiting for the right McCarty 594 DC. I can't stop! PRS are just that good! :)

Thanks, and congrats. Usually with PRS, "might" becomes "will" very quickly. ;)

I bought my first PRS a little over a year ago.....now I have eight :eek:, after selling two others :(, one more already ordered, and looking/waiting for the right McCarty 594 DC. I can't stop! PRS are just that good! :)
Wow... it's taken me 9 years to get to 7 PRS.
You're good!:D

Back