NGD - 2018 Custom 24-08

Charlie

I just bought my ultimate guitar! A PRS Custom 24-08 in Green Burst, Satin Finish, Wood Library, Artist Top, Korina Body, Indian Rosewood Neck and Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard. The neck is the smoothest neck I've ever played. I had to sell my PRS Custom 22 SoapBar 10 Top and have my 1994 PRS Custom 24 10 Top up for sale in order to purchase this guitar - but well worth it. Of the 11 PRS' I've owned over the past 7 years, this one is the best. You have to try a Rosewood neck - I was stunned by its play-ability.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RA_Ryy-WFqBtKmLDshnKWNmBN2sYvjhz/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VcTjrca0Rq7EeyiLb7pTGz_pKwNy_I2g/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Awww man, I was eyeing that one for a while...even had it saved on my "watch list". Good to see it went to a fellow forum member. Congrats, it looks stunning!!!!

First and foremost, CONGRATS!!! That's a gorgeous guitar and I'm terribly jealous. That satin finish on the top is AMAZING!!! Given that you have another Custom 24, how would you describe the impact of the solid rosewood neck on the tone (both unplugged and plugged)?

Now, for my rant (and I'm sure everyone here is getting sick of this)

I have a 24-08 Artist Package on order with a rosewood neck. I ordered the guitar back in November, and I'm getting "antsy" as I wait for it to arrive. As I see other folks get their 24-08 I get more and more jealous. I'm THRILLED for you. AND I really want my guitar. Sigh......

I REALLY like the black pickup rings. I expect mine will come with cream colored rings. Mine is going to be copperhead burst, and I'm not sure whether I'll prefer the light colored rings or go with black pickup rings. These are the things I'm obsessing over in an attempt to not drive myself crazy waiting fro my guitar.

Congrats again on such a beautiful guitar.

First and foremost, CONGRATS!!! That's a gorgeous guitar and I'm terribly jealous. That satin finish on the top is AMAZING!!! Given that you have another Custom 24, how would you describe the impact of the solid rosewood neck on the tone (both unplugged and plugged)?

Now, for my rant (and I'm sure everyone here is getting sick of this)

I have a 24-08 Artist Package on order with a rosewood neck. I ordered the guitar back in November, and I'm getting "antsy" as I wait for it to arrive. As I see other folks get their 24-08 I get more and more jealous. I'm THRILLED for you. AND I really want my guitar. Sigh......

I REALLY like the black pickup rings. I expect mine will come with cream colored rings. Mine is going to be copperhead burst, and I'm not sure whether I'll prefer the light colored rings or go with black pickup rings. These are the things I'm obsessing over in an attempt to not drive myself crazy waiting fro my guitar.

Congrats again on such a beautiful guitar.

My hearing isn't that great to notice the subtle sounds difference (too much loud music). But the feel on the rosewood neck is like nothing I've played before! And, visually it's outstanding. I love the switching options - another reason why I bought it. I live on Long Island and saw the guitar online at MusicStoreLive in San Diego. I happened to be in San Diego, so it chatted online with "Ben" (great guy) and visited the store. I played the guitar for 10 minutes and bought it (my wife was with me and I got no push back!). Had it shipped to my home. They have a good selection of 24-08 Wood Library Artist grade guitars. What's nice too is that they are all one-offs. Post pictures when you get your guitar.

Last edited:
Back