NGD: 2015 PRS S2 SC Standard

ItchyChimp

First off ..... WOW!!!

Seafoam green, all mahogany (Guitar is pretty weighty as well - like classic, non-weight relieved LP weighty), black multi-ply pick guard, adjustable stop tailpiece, covered pups with coil tap tone knobs and locking tuners.

Neck is as advertised - feels like it was made just for you right out of the box.

Factory strap buttons have a low profile, so if you have a planet waves strap with the built in locks, it won't fit, but they look like they are better than most strap buttons with a standard strap; tight to the body and good size diameter.

IMO - the electronics are "good enough", and seem pretty well-rounded, but for the price point, I get it - pretty solid overall. One thing to note, and maybe it's just mine, but when you engage the middle switch position, each volume knob becomes a master volume of sorts meaning, if I turn either one all the way down, it kills the output for both - anyone else?

I ordered a set of SD's JB+59 and will evaluate the pots once these are installed.

Overall, for the price and being a USA made guitar, its a no-brainer. I think the natural comparison would be to a Gibson LP Studio - IMO, PRS wins. (Oh yeah - the gig bag is pretty nice too)

-ic-

Back