NGD: 2012 PRS Custom 24 - Red/Black Burst

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
For those of you who expressed an interest in seeing the used PRS guitar that I ordered over the phone from the Tampa Florida Sam Ash store after I sold my truck, here it is. 2012 PRS Custom 24 - Red/Black Burst

The flame top on this is 100% incredible top to bottom, but you don't see all of it from only one angle. To see the flame hiding in the plain spots, you need to turn the guitar to a different angle for them to become visible.

But first, a geek question... The WWW says that 2012 was the year that "Squabbins" were introduced to the PRS Custom 24's, yet, this guitar here clearly doesn't have them. Did they release them mid year or something? I am under the impression that these pickups are stock 59/09's

And now for your moment of Zen....

PRS-2012-CU24-RedBlkBrst01.jpg

PRS-2012-CU24-RedBlkBrst02.jpg

PRS-2012-CU24-RedBlkBrst03.jpg

PRS-2012-CU24-RedBlkBrst04.jpg

Like or don't like?

Congratulations. Stunning. I've been staring at these pics for the last 5 minutes. I love everything about this guitar. Plus the red/black burst is giving me Sith vibes. I'd happily go dark side for it :D

Funny you mentioning Sith vibes... How does this grab ya? I just bought this other guitar within the past 30 days or so which (to me) goes full Darth Maul.

Heritage-2017-H155-01.jpg

Heritage-2017-H155-02.jpg

Heritage-2017-H155-03.jpg

This is a custom built Heritage H-155 "semi-solid" body* guitar featuring EMG Mini-Humbuckers, a dirty-quilted Maple top & headstock, Ebony fingerboard with only red side dots and no inlay, red tuner knobs, one of those groovy wrapover bridges and black binding. It is one of only 2 ever made but I'm pretty sure they'll take a special order for one of these as they are still listed on their web site. You can probably imagine the super woody tone you'd get from a hollow guitar with that bridge and mini-hums.

* A semi-solid body is what they call a solid Mahogany body that has been routed out to the point where the entire body is a huge weight relieved chamber, and then a Maple cap is placed on the top and on the back of the body similar to what PRS might call a Hollowbody 2.

Funny you mentioning Sith vibes... How does this grab ya? I just bought this other guitar within the past 30 days or so which (to me) goes full Darth Maul.

This is a custom built Heritage H-155 "semi-solid" body* guitar featuring EMG Mini-Humbuckers, a dirty-quilted Maple top & headstock, Ebony fingerboard with only red side dots and no inlay, red tuner knobs, one of those groovy wrapover bridges and black binding. It is one of only 2 ever made but I'm pretty sure they'll take a special order for one of these as they are still listed on their web site. You can probably imagine the super woody tone you'd get from a hollow guitar with that bridge and mini-hums.

* A semi-solid body is what they call a solid Mahogany body that has been routed out to the point where the entire body is a huge weight relieved chamber, and then a Maple cap is placed on the top and on the back of the body similar to what PRS might call a Hollowbody 2.

Congrats, man. I love it. Even in the sunlight it looks sinister !!!

Killer!

Back