NGD 2011 PRS SE ONE Korina

Skydog

I just picked this up as a “second/backup” guitar. As others have said, they are very bright! Tele bridge pickup-extra stiff pick-amp treble dimed bright! The pickup measures fairly hot @ 11.95K. When I got it, it needed some TLC. The seller apologized for the scratches and appearance of the pick guard, I figured if worse came to worse, I'd simply replace it. The problem with it turned out to be, the plastic was still on it! It's mint, like the rest of it. The frets were crunchy and the fretboard was drier than a popcorn fart. I don't think either had ever received any attention. It had D'Addarios on it; is that what they ship with? Honestly, I don't think they were ever changed. The fretboard/neck had a fairly significant back-bow to it. When I took the TRC off, there was polish (I'm assuming from the factory) in the cavity. I found the adjustment wrench and amplifier cord in plastic, in the gig bag pocket. Again, I don't think the neck was ever adjusted. I left the strings on until I got the neck straight. Once the neck was straight, I had to raise the bridge slightly. Once I got the action set, I removed the strings, polished the frets, and conditioned the fret board. Damn near every screw on the guitar was loose. So after all that, I put a fresh set of DR Blues 0.009” strings on and tuned her up. It feels totally different already. I have a Tusq nut coming for it. The factory one is deeply notched. I'm going to play with pickup height and some different resistors to try and tame it a bit. All in all, with just a little care, it's a fine playing guitar.

Last edited:
No, it's a 2011, but I don't think it was played much. I plan on adding a 250K pot.

Nice score! Can't wait to see pics.

BTW, deep slots are normal for PRS.

You can delete your other duplicate thread, only before someone responds to it.

I tried to add a pic via imgur, but all I get is the

{img}image url, starts with https, ends with .jpg{/img}

replace { } with [ ] to show the pic.

Congrats on the One. I looked for a year before I stumbled upon my Korina One and it was worth the wait.

Semi OT, I've been wanting another One to mod so I've been following the prices and the korina versions have gone crazy over the last 6 months or so.

I looked for a year before I stumbled upon my Korina One...
Really? I just sold one that I had listed for nearly 6 months on all the local internet markets. Finally had to agree to ship it (despite trying for a local deal) to get it sold.

Really? I just sold one that I had listed for nearly 6 months on all the local internet markets. Finally had to agree to ship it (despite trying for a local deal) to get it sold.

I sometimes wish this forum had a buy/sell section. I totally understand why they don't, but man it'd be nice since we're the addicts with permanant GAS, although it might be a blessing in disguise as I'd wind up breaking my cardinal rule of play before buy.

I'm a firm believer in "the wand chooses the wizard" school of guitar buying so it usually takes time and patience before one will pop up locally that I can try, hence the year for the One. Technically, I found my Mira on the net at Wildwood's site, but we were heading to Colorado anyway, so I stopped in and played her before I bought. In fact the only guitar I've ever bought without playing was my Les Paul over the phone from Musicians Friend back in 1996 because there wasn't any local for me to try. It worked okay I guess, I kept that LP until last year.
Now that said, there is at least one guitar I want that I'll probably have to break my rule since they're fairly scarce, the SE CU Semi Hollow with Bigsby in Silver Sparkle. That's one I'd be willing to take a chance on...

I sometimes wish this forum had a buy/sell section. I totally understand why they don't, but man it'd be nice since we're the addicts with permanant GAS, although it might be a blessing in disguise as I'd wind up breaking my cardinal rule of play before buy.

I'm a firm believer in "the wand chooses the wizard" school of guitar buying so it usually takes time and patience before one will pop up locally that I can try, hence the year for the One. Technically, I found my Mira on the net at Wildwood's site, but we were heading to Colorado anyway, so I stopped in and played her before I bought. In fact the only guitar I've ever bought without playing was my Les Paul over the phone from Musicians Friend back in 1996 because there wasn't any local for me to try. It worked okay I guess, I kept that LP until last year.
Now that said, there is at least one guitar I want that I'll probably have to break my rule since they're fairly scarce, the SE CU Semi Hollow with Bigsby in Silver Sparkle. That's one I'd be willing to take a chance on...
See, I'd actually prefer sorting thru 3-4 via online vs. the very uncomfortable (to me!) meeting up at 1) a stranger's house, 2) the local cop shop parking lot, 3) McD's lot, 4) worst of all, my house, etc. to make a purchase. To each their own!

Back