NGD 2009 Mira X

Big Eric Bee

Be forewarned. This guitar is not mint. Not close. Good to poor might be more like it. (Ugly fits the bill best). Lots of dings, scratches, swapped pups. And hidden work.

Had been searching, but not too seriously for a new, to me guitar. Wasn't specifically searching for a PRS, but this one kept showing up in my searches. Went to the store to try it out. Wow. Mismatched replaced pickups, SD HD in neck, Phat Cat in bridge. Chrome pup rings, chrome knobs. A "what was he thinking"? scratch on the front and the neck had been sanded down to make it matte.

Then I picked it up. Wowser, it's light. And that neck. Ah, my favorite pattern - wide, fat. So plugged it in. Oh yeah. That's nice. Plays like a dream. Love the stoptail. Neck actually feels good sanded down. The short scale is really cool. First time playing a PRS with one. Nice.

Long story short, made a deal. Brought it home. Found a neck Phat Cat. In Gold. Drat. New and cheap. Well, this guitar isn't pretty so why not? Put on new black plastic rings. Fitted some lampshade knobs, changed tone cap. Put on some .11's. Yup. This is what I wanted. Feels and sounds right to me. Definitely not a beauty queen, but just what I wanted.

Pic below - but again be warned. This is not a trophy model guitar.
Paul%20Reed%20Smith%201.jpg

Thats a guitar I'd have in a heart beat. HB p90s rock.

I like the different colours, adds character, but if you get tired of it think the gold can polish off easily enough

Thanks for the compliments on it. Makes me feel better. Am getting used to the color mismatch. Actually isn't that bothersome in person.

When I got the guitar it had a SD '59 bridge pickup in the neck position. No cover. That actually looked worse, IMO. Don't mind covered neck and open bridge pups, but the reverse just doesn't look right to my eyes. Plus, didn't like having two bridge pups in one guitar.

Oh, and the photo, while just a quick snap, makes the guitar look better than it is. There are about a dozen serious dings in the top.

Back