NGD 2007 NOS PRS Braz McCarty Soapbar Korina Vintage Cherry

prsrocker1988

Just got this yesterday at the Chicago Guitar Show. Dave's Guitars from La Crosse, WI was there and I traded two non-PRS guitars towards this baby!

It's a great accompaniment to my 2010 CU24 with 57/08s and 2006 SE CU22 with Duncan Jazz/JB.

I was playing it all night and with my 65amps Ventura (Tweed style amp) into a Marshall cab and a Fulltone Fulldrive 3 I was nailing old Heart classics like "Even It Up".

LOVE this guitar! I have to say a PRS neck is becoming like an old friend to me. I know it very well and can play effortlessly - partly due to the great setup and craftsmanship of these guitars.

Here's me with the guitar (now sporting straplocks and a strap!):

10nbbjd.jpg

And here's the whole clan:

2likj21.jpg

Thanks again PRS for another killer instrument. You guys are the best - and I honestly mean that!

Thanks! My first guitar of any kind with P90s!

I really dig the articulation and the "crunch" of them. I was playing old Eagles stuff (as you can tell by my shirt in the pic - they are my favorite band), Heart, Aerosmith, etc etc. Sounded killer. I mostly play classic rock/blues (some country thrown in now and again) and while I play a good amount of leads in my band, I'm a rhythm guitarist at heart and a riff guy and I love the sound of this guitar for big fat open and power chords. One of the things I was playing was the old hit "Your Love" by the Outfield. It nailed it dead on.

Thanks!!

The PRS Trio (L-R: 2007 McCarty Korina Braz Board Soapbar Vintage Cherry, 2010 Custom 24 10 Top 57/08s Fire Red Burst, 2006 SE Custom 22 Duncan Jazz/JB Grey Black):

2usadkn.jpg

You have a beautiful family. Congrats on the new addition!

Haha thanks! I love it. Fits in perfect with the other two. Still hope to make the trio a bit bigger over time. ;)

So Bangin'! I'm seriously in love with korina guitars lately, I can't put 'em down!

I love the tone of it. My first one with Korina.....

Dave's had several nice PRS guitars at the booth but of the ones he had this one caught my eye first. Also most of them were above the price range. I did a straight up trade with two other guitars with Dave himself for this guitar. Super nice guy and I definitely will check out his actual store soon.

Still want to get a DGT and a Brent Mason model and a Studio at some point. And maybe a singlecut... Oh heck, I want 'em all!

Last edited:
Back