NGD - 2007 Artist 245 and hard case adventures

Kabukiman

Entry level PRS owner
I haven't been on here in years. But I felt like sharing something my partner bought for me recently that's rekindled my love for PRS

20220501-1503282.jpg

20220429-2042212.jpg

20220501-1459422.jpg

20220429-2201392.jpg

Cannot put the thing down. Very cool top, brazilian board, the old wide fat neck which I love. Paul's signed the rear at some stage while it was in the US. It's very lightweight (I guess this was one of the weight-relieved ones?). It's a 2007 model with the sc245 pickups (after some tweaking, very pleasant and suit the guitar well). I spent some time cleaning it up and giving it a good setup, and now it's just gorgeous to play. Very loud guitar unplugged.

The only bummer is that the last owners had the guitar on display and kept the original case stored somewhere dumb. I can tell by the discolouration of the plastics and under the rod cover that the guitar has been hung somewhere where it got regular sunlight. I drove for 3 and a half hours home after collecting the thing to discover that the case was infested with mould! :confused: Yuck. Maybe kept in a garage and it got damp? Who knows.

Absolutely irredeemable, which is a pity because it's an artist case with the nicer interior, binding etc. I am on a waiting list for a multi-fit case (nobody stocks PRS cases in Australia). PRS told me via email that this guitar should fit in a multi-fit, but has anyone on here actually housed an sc245 in one? Case woes aside, this one is a ripper.

OMG that's KILLER!
Love that top.
I just recently got a 200 SC and can see how this 245 is an upgrade indeed.
Open the case and sit it out in the sunshine for numerous hours, that might help.
Congrats... I love it.

OMG that's KILLER!
Love that top.
I just recently got a 200 SC and can see how this 245 is an upgrade indeed.
Open the case and sit it out in the sunshine for numerous hours, that might help.
Congrats... I love it.
Yeah I thought about this. I started doing a deep clean but I abandoned the task, I think it's too far gone. I would have to remove all of the foam inserts and lining, strip it completely to give it the clean it needs. A real pity, that's what happens when you store things in silly places. I don't mind shelling out for a multi-fit, they're well priced where I live (hardly more than the skb). The last guy didn't play it much and it seems like it's been a hangar queen for a while, but in my hands it won't spend much time in the case.

Back