NGD... 2006 CE24 Mahogany Gold...With Pic!

Drew

This is a follow up to my previous thread with a picture. As stated in my previous thread, this was slightly less than advertised by the seller but it's still 95% of a brand new 12 year old guitar and that is fine with me in the end. I have never seen one in this color and don't reckon I will again. This fixes one of my regrets in guitar purchases/sales and that is letting my blazing copper 20th anniversary CE go. But, I'm actually more happy with this one because it's in a color I have always loved. Thus, this one will be staying for good. I have already inquired and gotten a response from the PTC on the McCarty switching conversion with installation of some Dimarzio Gravity Storm pickups. So, probably in a week, she'll be on a truck again.

As a side note, and I don't want to offend other folks or PRS, but PRS really needs to make these like they used to. I had one of the new model CEs and it's just no comparison. That guitar was downright dead compared to this one. Just my 2 cents. These original CE's have some magic.

5PX707X.jpg

I think the older ones and the newer ones are 2 different models with the same name, kind of like the Volkswagen Beatle evolution from rear engine to front engine. Each has its own merits, both are great. My 2003 CE will only leave my hands when they drop me in the ground.

Last edited:
I think the older ones and the newer ones are 2 different models with the same name, kind of like the Volkswagen Beatle. Each has its own merits, both are great. My 2003 CE will only leave my hands when they drop me in the ground.

You make a good point.

BTW.... like the in the closet fanboi I am, I asked customer service if it would be possible to have Paul sign the back of the headstock or the control cavity plate. See! I am like you guys :)

BTW.... like the in the closet fanboi I am, I asked customer service if it would be possible to have Paul sign the back of the headstock or the control cavity plate. See! I am like you guys :)
HA!:D And BTW, great guitar!!! And I agree with sentiments. I don't really see the new CE as a continuation of the original, but an animal unto itself.

Kevin

Last edited:
Good looking axe. Read your post in the other thread. Sorry to hear about the issues with the seller. Hope you get that worked out.

I also agree in looking at the old and new as two different beasts. BTW - gold rules.

Nice move on the autograph requests, too!

That is an interesting flavour of gold.

Hard to photo. The only accurate depiction of the gold on that photo is the scoop. It's definitely not matte like it looks on the rest of the guitar. When it returns from PTC I'll do actual glamour shots outside.

This is a follow up to my previous thread with a picture. As stated in my previous thread, this was slightly less than advertised by the seller but it's still 95% of a brand new 12 year old guitar and that is fine with me in the end. I have never seen one in this color and don't reckon I will again. This fixes one of my regrets in guitar purchases/sales and that is letting my blazing copper 20th anniversary CE go. But, I'm actually more happy with this one because it's in a color I have always loved. Thus, this one will be staying for good. I have already inquired and gotten a response from the PTC on the McCarty switching conversion with installation of some Dimarzio Gravity Storm pickups. So, probably in a week, she'll be on a truck again.

The PTC is going to install DiMarzio pickups for you?

I think the older ones and the newer ones are 2 different models with the same name, kind of like the Volkswagen Beatle. Each has its own merits, both are great. My 2003 CE will only leave my hands when they drop me in the ground.

I'm going to have my CEs cut up and made as part of my casket so when my ex girlfriends stomp on my grave the ground resonates!

Back