(NGD) 2002 PRS Swamp Ash Special

Congrats on a great score. For years, I thought that was going to be my "perfect" PRS and my NEXT PRS. Then I got a couple as gifts for milestone occasions, and then bought the NF3, which made me not "need" the HSH style. I'd still take one of these any day! Enjoy!!

Oh, given the rep, you might wait a bit and check out those pickups before replacing them. The one I played sounded very good with the stock McCarty's!

Killer guitars!!! ...and the best necks, EVER!!! (And what everyone else said...try the McCarty PU's before replacing them)...w/ Swamps is a Great combination.
Congrats!!!

I played my SAS last night - did a basic (but slightly different) bluesy-type progression into the looper, and then soloed on top for about 20 minutes, while my wife played bass, grooving along.

Really liked the tones I got out of it - including the middle "rail" pickup. With and without the HB coils tapped. All the pickup positions. Into high gain and lower gain pedal settings. tweaking volume and tone knobs. Immense variety!

I played my SAS last night - did a basic (but slightly different) bluesy-type progression into the looper, and then soloed on top for about 20 minutes, while my wife played bass, grooving along.

Really liked the tones I got out of it - including the middle "rail" pickup. With and without the HB coils tapped. All the pickup positions. Into high gain and lower gain pedal settings. tweaking volume and tone knobs. Immense variety!

Nice one Steve and Mrs H!

Congrats! And please write some tone report as you got the Mules!
I own 2 sets of BKP (Aftermath and Cold Sweat) and I'm very happy. I'd replace future PRS pups with more BKP for sure.

Killer guitars!!! ...and the best necks, EVER!!! (And what everyone else said...try the McCarty PU's before replacing them)...w/ Swamps is a Great combination.
Congrats!!!

Yeah, I've said it a bunch. The McCarty neck pup with swamp ash and the bolt-on neck are a very magically combination. I think it is my all-time favorite PRS tone playing by myself. Add in a bass and you might miss the cut (but that's why there are middle and bridge pickups!), but maybe not.

Last edited:
Back