NGD: 2002 Custom 22 Natural

mookyshoots

Mom always told me I was special
OK, it finally arrived. It's a 2002 Custom 22 and it's in pretty good shape as well as nice and light (7 lbs 8 oz). The previous owner obviously did some mods to it, mainly converting it to McCarty wiring and adding lampshade knobs, but the weird mod is the brass nut. I haven't seen one in years and never on a PRS. I'll be dropping it off at my local shop to have that monstrosity replaced with a core nut. Otherwise, the rest of it matches up to it's MODCAT. Since the bridge and studs are a bit beat up, I'm thinking I'll splurge and order a Mann 2300 for it.

For a little backstory, the first PRS I ever fell in love with was when I worked at GC in the mid 90s and our store had what I think I recall being an Artist model in natural that I adored and played all the time. Since I worked at GC, I couldn't afford it and eventually had to watch someone take it home. 25 years later, I now have my PRS in natural.

Overall, I think I'm going to be quite happy with this one.

js8U7Ob.jpg

Z3BqwNT.jpg

2asrGpU.jpg

W9emA6y.jpg

There is a certain beauty that natural finished guitars have that the other colors don’t. While I’m infamous for my absolute love of blue guitars, there is no hiding with a natural finish. The true beauty of the wood shines through. Congratulations, I hope you play it to infinity and beyond.

Back