NGD 1st PRS SE

Kong

Hi, new here. I traded for a SE Singlecut in Antique white about a week ago. I wanted to go with black hardware, so I changed to black locking tuners and a black Wilkinson bridge. All I can say is WOW, I can't put this thing down, very happy with the overall quality, playability and tone. The neck feels great in my hand, fit and finish are beautiful. I'm digging the 25" scale, my first guitar with this scale. The only negative I can think of is the stock tuners do seem cheap and don't hold up to a lot of bending. The guitar I traded was an old 94 MIM Fender Tele that I did a refinish project on. I feel I came out waaay ahead on the deal. What do you guys think of the blacked out hardware look?

IMAG0571.jpg

IMAG0552.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool, I love white guitars and the black hardware makes it look kinda mean!

Very nice and welcome! Also it should come with a truss rod wrench and cable when new. My two SE's have.

My bad, I got mine used and I thought I read somewhere that they don't ship with the truss rod wrench. I'll edit my post.

Thanks for the compliments and the welcome. Actually already thinking about a 2nd PRS SE. I saw a Tremonti SE in black listed in the NYC area for $200 on Craigs. Just a little outside where I'd like to travel, but seems like a deal. Was supposed to be mint about 4 months old.

Last edited:
I got Sperzell-Style tuners from guitar fetish. Perfect fit and they seem to work great and the price was right. Pic is below:

sperzelstyletuners.jpg

Ugh, I'm about to buy two sets of locking tuners for my SE's, and these black ones look awesome and they're so much cheaper! My headstocks are black though.. wonder if they'd still look good. What kind of quality are these? I'm wondering because they don't seem to even have a brand name on the website and because of the price.

Thanks

Ugh, I'm about to buy two sets of locking tuners for my SE's, and these black ones look awesome and they're so much cheaper! My headstocks are black though.. wonder if they'd still look good. What kind of quality are these? I'm wondering because they don't seem to even have a brand name on the website and because of the price.

Thanks

Yes they are not branded. I do think they have chrome and gold sets if you wanted to go that route. To me the quality is very good, definitely better than the stock tuners that were on there. I've bought a ton of stuff from GFS and I've never had any issues. I've only had them a couple of days but they are holding tune very well and I do a lot of bending. I will tell you that when they shipped this set they accidentally sent me one mini-tuner on the treble side, but when I let them know they immediately sent me a replacement of the correct size.

Would you mind taking a side view photo of your headstock so I can see how far the pole pieces stick out? I am also considering schaller tuners, but I am worried about the short pole pieces. I think I'd prefer the longer ones.

Thanks

Would you mind taking a side view photo of your headstock so I can see how far the pole pieces stick out? I am also considering schaller tuners, but I am worried about the short pole pieces. I think I'd prefer the longer ones.

Thanks

Sure, here you go. Sorry for crappy quality of pic.
IMAG0579.jpg

Back