NGD: 1st PRS Custom 22

djw171

I say NGD, actually bought her last fall. Been looking for a long time at core range and pulled the trigger. Purple mist finish, Ebony board. Have to say THE best guitar I have ever played. I own some high end Gibsons and USA Fenders. Beats them all. The feel, play-ability, tone everything....

First post on this forum. How do I post pictures?

IMG_5690.JPG

Last edited:
You need a few more posts, then host the photo and use the little picture function in the dialogue box.

Welcome! Can't wait to see that CU22!

I say NGD, actually bought her last fall. Been looking for a long time at core range and pulled the trigger. Purple mist finish, Ebony board. Have to say THE best guitar I have ever played. I own some high end Gibsons and USA Fenders. Beats them all. The feel, play-ability, tone everything....

First post on this forum. How do I post pictures?

Congrats! As BTF said...you'll need a 3rd party host site( I use Imgur). Use the direct link and post it using the photo icon. You'll also need to go make a few "nice guitar" posts to get your post count high enough to post pictures.

It says you have three posts....you should be able to get some pix up.

I would love to see it. The custom 22 is my guitar of choice :D

Hi guys, thank for the quick responses. I have pics in dropbox. In the message box here I see the pic icon, brings up another box to enter the url. Is that correct?

Hi guys, thank for the quick responses. I have pics in dropbox. In the message box here I see the pic icon, brings up another box to enter the url. Is that correct?

Yep....open the pic in your image-hosting site. Right click the image, select "copy image address". Then, on the forum side, click the image icon and paste the image url in the box. Your image should then post into your thread.

p.jpeg

Great looking guitar! Purple Mist is one I don't see that often, and this one is a fine example!

Congrats!!!!

From what I can tell Purple mist is normally Artist package only, as is ebony.

Congrats! What’s your next one gonna be?
Well I picked up a 35th Anniversary SE CU24 last week. Will take some pictures of that and post in a new thread.
However I am liking the look of the Core Pauls guitar to be honest. I think a fixed bridge would be nice, always played Les Pauls mainly before so that side appeals to me.

The wait time however is crazy. Last I heard it's 12 months from order to get one here in Canada. That was the case when I was looking at the Core 22. It so happened my local dealer received emails from PRS of guitars they had available for immediate shipping (although it sat in customs for 3 weeks). Most of the time it was CU24's, but I really wanted a 22. I got lucky.

Congratulations, she’s a beauty.

Maybe consider a 594, if you were previously an LP player. I have a feeling that several good used deals may become available this year, and no wait time. Just saying.

I’ve thought about a single cut actually as well or one of the F hole variants.

So many nice ones....

Hoping to get down to the Experience weekend in May

Back