NGD 1999 Paul Reed Smith Swamp Ash Special

tvf88

I did an even trade for one of my strats for this guitar. Its the PRS of my dreams plays like butter and is beautiful to look at makes me proud to hold it in my hands, pretty positive the middle pickup was changed out. Sorry for the bad pics my phones not good for much more than calling and texting lol

vZCYCzs.jpg

4NY6Lei.jpg
74jTjfK.jpg
UslYuMG.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! You'll need a couple more posts before you can link pics. Also, they have to be hosted from a third party like Imgur, Flikr or Google Pics. Onc you have them uploaded there you can add them to your post.

ahh I must've lurked for too long and not posted lol pics soon once i get my post count up

It has its marks here and there for sure, it looks used but not abused up close

I sure do appreciate it, how much do these generally weigh I feel like its about in the 8lb range. Also I want the cold hard truth even if I didn't come out on top of the trade I want to know, I traded an Eric Johnson Stratocaster for this, good deal? lol It's a good deal for me because its the guitar I wanted but still would like to know

I sure do appreciate it, how much do these generally weigh I feel like its about in the 8lb range. Also I want the cold hard truth even if I didn't come out on top of the trade I want to know, I traded an Eric Johnson Stratocaster for this, good deal? lol It's a good deal for me because its the guitar I wanted but still would like to know
If you’re happy, that’s all that matters. Enjoy the heck out of your sweet axe:D

I have one. I’ve never weighed it but 8 lbs seems like the ballpark. I wouldn’t trade mine for an EJ strat.

Woah! That is one killer axe! Now THAT is a serious score!

I have no idea what the relative value of each instrument is on the open market. They're both great guitars. The EJ strat is still in production and there are a LOT of them out there, so if you ever want another one, it should be easy enough to get hold of one. This particular PRS is not still in production and, based on my very very limited experience, isn't all that easy to find. This is based only on the fact that I've never seen one before, which may be worth absolutely nothing, but it's all I've got to go on. So, based on that, if you found the guitar you wanted and are happy to have it and don't miss the EJ too much (knowing you could replace it pretty easily if you do), I'd say you did FINE! And if you came out a couple hundred bucks ahead or behind, the money will be forgotten waaaaaaaay before either of the guitars...

Enjoy!

-Ray

Back