NGD !!! 1994 Custom 24 Stoptail in Whale Blue

24 fret stoptails are my favorite PRSs to ever PRS. I've never been a huge fan of trems myself, but love 24 fret guitars. The fact that I can get a 24 fret and not have to deal with tuning stability issues, along with the slightly different neck angle, and neck pickup tone....all of those things add up to a fantastic guitar for me.

I have a few myself, but really wish PRS would bring them back to the core line as an option at some point.

Nice find!!! A perfect example of unfaded blue!! Keep it in the case when not in use!

Nice axe there! Any plans for it? What are the pickups, HFS and Vintage?

Nice axe there! Any plans for it? What are the pickups, HFS and Vintage?

HFS and Vintage Bass. I really like the HFS, nice and hot and sounds great. Still trying to get used to the VB thou. This is my first PRS and my other guitars have Duncan 59 in the neck so I guess I just need to give it time. If in a few months I still don't like the VB I'll look at swapping it out. We shall see. In case you're curious I use a Helix and use AC30 or DC30 or JTM45 for clean tones and Plexi or Park75 models for crunchy/heavy stuff, all with various IRs.

Reactions: Paz
Upgrades : Bourns volume pot, Alpha push-pull, Switchcraft short frame 3-way toggle, Black/Clear Lampshade knobs.

UGMmwsS.jpg

xHLcEpU.jpg

fQijJKL.jpg

The person who eventually owns the ‘11 MC-58 that I purchased new at the factory during Experience 2012 (it is believed to be an artist holdback) is going to get the same kind of case queen deal. I just prefer/preferred to play my ‘09 Mira Korina and my old #1 a ‘92 Ibanez S540FM that I finally sold last summer after owning it for 27 years. I will probably never put any appreciable play time on my MC-58 because I am unable to bond with the pattern neck, which is a modern take on the old wide-fat.

Last edited:
Back