NGD (+1): Special Semi-Hollow Autumn Sky

JackStraw

My SSH arrived yesterday around 5pm. I intended to let it sit a few hours and open it up, but by the time 8/9pm rolled around I was too tired.

I opened it up this morning and WOW! Not only is this thing a beauty, it is light (7lbs 10oz), compact and really easy to play. The high frets are super easy to access. My strat is sleak, but this is a whole other level. My strat is like a B-1 bomber and the SSH is like a F-22 Raptor.

I'm looking forward to plugging it in to hear how she sounds.

Pics for your viewing pleasure.

utr586p.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, Jackstraw!

Nothing beats that moment of truth when you open the case and hear the angels oooing and awwwing.

There are so many pickup possibilities on the SSH, it will take you a while to fully appreciate your options.

What type of amp are you running them through? I primarily use a 1966 Princeton Reverbs with a HelixLT for effects and other amp flavors.

Your SSH may like slightly different amp settings than the Strat, so keep that in mind -- it's normal. Don't be afraid to experiment with amp settings and also the volume and tone controls on the guitar.

Have fun!!!

Awesome, Jackstraw!

Nothing beats that moment of truth when you open the case and hear the angels oooing and awwwing.

There are so many pickup possibilities on the SSH, it will take you a while to fully appreciate your options.

What type of amp are you running them through? I primarily use a 1966 Princeton Reverbs with a HelixLT for effects and other amp flavors.

Your SSH may like slightly different amp settings than the Strat, so keep that in mind -- it's normal. Don't be afraid to experiment with amp settings and also the volume and tone controls on the guitar.

Have fun!!!

Joesnewmatch, I currently use a Fender Blues Jr. It is on loan to me so I plan to get something different over the next few months. I was thinking about a Twin Reverb, but I am open to trying a bunch of different ones.

I am definitely looking forward to figuring out all the pickup possibilities.

Awesome! Love my SSH since the day I bought it (the day they were released at Exp 2018!)

Hmm, maybe I'll go play it a bit tonight, it hasn't seen much love since I got my SC HB II...

Back