NGBD!!!!

I’m issuing a citation for deceptive posting practices. Disguising this as a new gig bad thread! You know, some of us have been on pins and needles waiting for you to get this guitar! :)

Ok enough clowning. I like the silver even better than I thought I would. That looks great.

But there is only one thing that matters here... and it’s not good. The only important thing is this: Casi WILL NOT approve of those shoes. That will ruin the whole NGD buzz. This could have been a great day for all of us. You were oh so close...

Sad, but it’s not the first time, and it won’t be the last, that the lack of sensible shoes have ruined an NGD. :(
At least the case has a silver lining ;)

Sweetness! Sorry I'm late to the congrats party.

How do you like the neck? I apparently missed demo-ing one on loan from the mothership a few weeks ago and I've been curious ever since...

I really like it. I would describe it like the 594 neck, it just feels right. Not like they are similar in carve, but just that feeling when you grab it. I'd prefer the maple to be the satin in maple finish like those found on some WL runs, but that's just me. Sounds, plays, and feels great!

I’m issuing a citation for deceptive posting practices. Disguising this as a new gig bad thread! You know, some of us have been on pins and needles waiting for you to get this guitar! :)

Ok enough clowning. I like the silver even better than I thought I would. That looks great.

But there is only one thing that matters here... and it’s not good. The only important thing is this: Casi WILL NOT approve of those shoes. That will ruin the whole NGD buzz. This could have been a great day for all of us. You were oh so close...

Sad, but it’s not the first time, and it won’t be the last, that the lack of sensible shoes have ruined an NGD. :(

Yeah, I figured there'd been plenty of SS NGD talk in several different threads. So, I went the gig bag route since there hasn't been much about it. :)

As for the shoes; are you frickin' kiddin' me! They are PERFECT for this NGD. The purple to silver fade on the side of the sole gel perfectly with the Tungsten finish. The purple and pink vibe is as classic as the three single coil guitar! Not to mention how the color scheme just works with a silver guitar.

Stick to you black socks and sandals! :eek:

How is the tone of the bag?

Does it give a satisfying 'whomp' if you pat on it?

What pedals and amps does it look best next to?

The tone is awesome! It's a little on the dark side. The whomp is, indeed, very satisfying. Solid, like the good thump of a door closing on a luxury car.

It looks great next to all pedals, just because. As for amps, it looks great next to the Plum Archon and Purple/Wheat 1x12. It clashes just a little with the black Recto 2x12 that is waiting for the MT-15. Once the MT-15 shows up, it will look much better with the LED scheme of that amp. However, it looks bad next to the Western Tolex ATMA and matching 1x12. I have to keep it away from that rig. Much too gawdy.

As for the shoes; are you frickin' kiddin' me! They are PERFECT for this NGD. The purple to silver fade on the side of the sole gel perfectly with the Tungsten finish. The purple and pink vibe is as classic as the three single coil guitar! Not to mention how the color scheme just works with a silver guitar.

@Casi1 - can a brother get a ruling on this please? :)

Hey now, the only time I wear black socks and sandals is before and after softball! ;)

I can attest to this as it was how I rolled when I was still playing. Flip flops, though. NEVER sandals.
Driving with flip flops on is dangerous. LOL I wear sandals to and from the games. No spikes on in the car. Sandals and socks can work, IF you have the legs for it. :D

Driving with flip flops on is dangerous. LOL I wear sandals to and from the games. No spikes on in the car. Sandals and socks can work, IF you have the legs for it. :D
I get the flip flop thing, but socks and sandals don’t work regardless of your legs. They are barely allowed while driving too a parking lot where you will change from sandals to proper shoes before exiting the vehicle.

I get the flip flop thing, but socks and sandals don’t work regardless of your legs. They are barely allowed while driving too a parking lot where you will change from sandals to proper shoes before exiting the vehicle.

You say that, but you haven't seen my legs. :p Walking in parking lots wears the spikes off.

It's not like I'm some geek walking around with brown leather sandals and white crew socks on. Don't make me put up pics! :D

You say that, but you haven't seen my legs. :p Walking in parking lots wears the spikes off.

It's not like I'm some geek walking around with brown leather sandals and white crew socks on. Don't make me put up pics! :D
Sorry. I should have considered wearing the spikes on pavement. I’m willing to grant an allowance to the field. But it’s still not about the legs. You need a strong sock game - it’s really about the socks.

The women on your softball team don’t look at dudes that way.

This is part of the reason the women on DTR’s softball team don’t look at dudes that way.

:D I don't play softball with women! Ok, I do just once a year at the company softball tournament and that about kills me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok, two things:
1) We've seen your legs.....Speedo pic :eek:
2) No goober wears anything but ankle socks playing softball. If you're wearing over the calf socks...tryhard! :p

As for driving....socks only. Flips flops as soon as you get out of the car, and only for the walk to the field, where they are quickly replaced with cleats.

2) No goober wears anything but ankle socks playing softball. If you're wearing over the calf socks...tryhard! :p

Check
Black Nike socks. Replace the black Nike spikes with black Nike sandals. Golden. ;)
cVFQcS0.jpg

And yes, the pink shirt is because it was the company tournament and our teams charity was a cancer foundation.

Back