NF pickup rings?

I’d try Crazyparts in Germany. They say they supply PRS, but in any case, the work looks very high quality.

Let’s say I had a really good reason to find curly maple NF pickup rings. Where would I find some?

Send a PM to Helmi. He had three NFs mounted in custom Ebony rings to fit in an HB slot. I have two of those from him mounted in a Santana. Don't know who did them for him. All I can say is they look bada$$! Plus, they sound fookin' killer!

Send a PM to Helmi. He had three NFs mounted in custom Ebony rings to fit in an HB slot. I have two of those from him mounted in a Santana. Don't know who did them for him. All I can say is they look bada$$! Plus, they sound fookin' killer!
Thanks, bodia. I’ll see where that takes me. Hopefully you will too, hahahah!

I’d try Crazyparts in Germany. They say they supply PRS, but in any case, the work looks very high quality.
Thanks, Schef. As it turns out, they do not carry these. They only order in "large quantities". While I'm not sure what that means, I'm certain I don't need that many. I wonder where these can be found?

No problems. They don't list curly maple, but they do have flame. Wouldn't hurt contacting them .. Who knows maybe they can make them in curly
I'm sure they can, because they already do! I'm sure I'm singing to the choir here, but just to clarify:

"CURL" broadly describes wood grain that changes direction. When cut, it takes an appearance based on that curl's consistency and character.

"FLAME" is curl that is mostly happening in the same plane, and is usually tighter and even, appearing like parallel lines, tiger stripes, etc.

"QUILT" describes curl that DOES NOT occur in the same plane, but multiple planes, taking on the appearance of moving water, "popcorn", tubes, like the tops below.

There are all kinds of curl, but even though pickup rings are very small, the look of curly maple pickup rings to me is really cool. Check these out:

20160715_112433_resized.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

It's a subtle thing, but hey, the beauty is in the details. Thanks again for the nice referral.

I'm sure they can, because they already do! I'm sure I'm singing to the choir here, but just to clarify:

"CURL" broadly describes wood grain that changes direction. When cut, it takes an appearance based on that curl's consistency and character.

"FLAME" is curl that is mostly happening in the same plane, and is usually tighter and even, appearing like parallel lines, tiger stripes, etc.

"QUILT" describes curl that DOES NOT occur in the same plane, but multiple planes, taking on the appearance of moving water, "popcorn", tubes, like the tops below.

There are all kinds of curl, but even though pickup rings are very small, the look of curly maple pickup rings to me is really cool. Check these out:

IMG_5027.jpg

It's a subtle thing, but hey, the beauty is in the details. Thanks again for the nice referral.

Those rings look great. The guitars aren't bad, either! :p

IMG_5027.jpg

2 stunning specimens adorned with nifty maple beauties.

I would contact Dave at fretsonthenet dot com. He made me some anodized aluminum NF pickup rings for my studio model, and he can work with wood as well. Great guy to work with.

Back