Newest SE custom 24's

ReigningGlory

I was pretty intrigued by the announcement of the latest enhancements (coil split, beveled edge, blade switch) on the newest model of the SE CU24. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any to check out. Any idea where they might be available and how soon they should be in Maryland dealers?

ReigningGlory said:
I was pretty intrigued by the announcement of the latest enhancements (coil split, beveled edge, blade switch) on the newest model of the SE CU24. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any to check out. Any idea where they might be available and how soon they should be in Maryland dealers?
Hi John,

Here is a link to the dealer locator and a list of Maryland dealers. I know this isn't the direct answer you were looking for but until one of us has a specific answer it might be worth your time to call a dealer of your choosing and see if they can help.

http://prsguitars.com/dealer.php

Bay Tunes Guitars
15 Lee Airpark Drive
Edgewater, MD 21037
(410) 956-0065

Bill's Music House
733 Frederick Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21228
(410) 747-1900

Coffey Music
31 East Main Street
Westminster, MD 21157
(410) 848-5003

Guitar Center #831
1524 East Joppa Road
Towson, MD 21286
(410) 821-5200

Hot Licks Guitar Shop
3250 Old Washington Rd.
Waldorf, MD 20602
(301) 843-2799

Island Music Company
403 Charles Street
Laplata, MD 20646
(301) 392-3960

Washington Music Center
11151 Viers Mill Rd.
Wheaton, MD 20902
(301) 946-8808

I was hoping that these were coming out a little sooner...I am intrigued by the coil tap and new shape...

Anyone else less than impressed with the two color choices? The tobacco burst looks more appropriate on a more "vintage" looking instrument I think...will have to see the blue in person, but I gravitate toward the red/yellow/natural end.

Also, have they confirmed that these are the same pups as in the older models? I have a 2010 SE CU24 (yellow quilt) that I was thinking of swapping the pups for something more "vintage" (there's that word again( & installing a push-pull coil tap on tone. Might be easier to just wait for the new ones...

I'd like to see some opaque color options, antique white, maybe even a gold top. I think the pickups are new SE pickups but I'm not sure about that.

I don't mind the vintage burst so much, and I think the blue is awesome with the birds, but I can see where you guys are coming from too. At least they got rid of the orange, I hated that color...
I could go for the purple burst like on the Allender, or a black flame top, and if they put the Eriza Verde on I would camp out at the store until one came in! I don't see that one happening, but I see a lot of special color runs of different SE's on ebay lately. Anyone know why so many of them tend to be overseas (UK, etc) and not available here?

Back