Bob48

2018 SE245
Hi all...new guy here. Just bought a 2018 se245 and absolutely love it. Great companion for my Tele. This rig is really the sweetest...I tried it and never looked back. The neck feels like an old friend! I have one question.re the bridge. Some folks say it's better to change the bridge to one you can get better intonation adjustments with ( like the Tonepro). Has anyone had problems w/ the stock bridge. Mine seems fine right now, but I've only owned it for a couple of months.

The bridge intonates perfectly fine. I've put the TonePros locking studs on my SE and it's nice when changing strings and cleaned up the angle the bridge has if the bridge fits loose in the studs. If you have that it would be worth getting the TonePros locking studs for your SE bridge but that's about it.

Big fan of the MannMade 2300 bridge. Nothing wrong with the stock bridge, but if you're inclined to replace it, check out what John Mann has to offer.

Welcome Bob.

I’ll apologise for myself! Most of the folk on here know I’m the class clown and in my head I thought it would funny to ask how the “Country Bunker” was going after the “Good Ole Boys” had played their gig?!

Congrats on your new PRS!

The real question is have YOU noticed any problems with the bridge? If it is working for you and you don't have any issues, why change it?
Right ...I worry too much. It's perfect right now. Thanks.

Hi Bob, welcome!
Ruger raises a valid point in his reply - if ain't broke and all that......;)

Post a picture of your 245!!
I will..for sure. Just have to read up on how to do that..I'm new to all this. Thanks for the welcome.

The bridge intonates perfectly fine. I've put the TonePros locking studs on my SE and it's nice when changing strings and cleaned up the angle the bridge has if the bridge fits loose in the studs. If you have that it would be worth getting the TonePros locking studs for your SE bridge but that's about it.
Yes..It 's perfect right now. Maybe if it loosens up for sure I'd look into one, but time to leave well enough alone. Thanks.

Welcome Bob.

I’ll apologise for myself! Most of the folk on here know I’m the class clown and in my head I thought it would funny to ask how the “Country Bunker” was going after the “Good Ole Boys” had played their gig?!

Perfect! I'd kinda forgotten about those 2..great flick....Thanks.

Welcome Bob.

Welcome Bob

....and any performance that incorporates a bullwhip is OK by me.;)

The only time it might be an issue is if you change to an abnormal string gauge or tuning.

The bridges intonate fine. I successfully used an SE 245 for drop C and B and D standard with good intonation in the past.

The bridges do rock forward though so they benefit from new locking studs, which also makes string changes easier

Back