Newbie Here

medicchief

Greetings all, from WC Arkansas. Primarily a Strat guy that loves the blues, but I also like high gain stuff as well. I'm looking at buying a 2010 SE Custom 24 and needing some input. I will look to see where to post my questions and pictures. Thanks, and I am looking forward to some input from you folks!

Welcome on, what sorts of questions do you have?

You will need to make a few posts before the system will let to embed pics, I'm afraid. You will also need to find your own hosting service like Imgur.

Mainly what a good/fair price would be for the guitar. Questions and pics are up in the Electric Instrument Forum.....Thanks!

Last edited:
Not much information on the web, concerning the older flat tops. Yep, top seems strange, but it's growing on me.

Reverb has some pretty good tools for finding out how much stuff sells for.

Here's Reverb's price guide for that: https://reverb.com/price-guide/guide/18268

If you primary concern is if you got a good deal on it, perhaps it's not the guitar for you. I understand not wanting to get ripped off, but you have to set a personal value on something. That is, what is it worth *to you*.

If you find the exact thing you want, but the person selling wants 100 more than 'what it generally goes for', is it worth it to you to get something you might not be as happy with?

I can tell you that every guitar I have ever bought because it seemed like a good deal is no longer in my possession, basically wasted money on them.

In any case, what I am saying is don't let that perfect guitar for you get away because it's priced $X more than the 'going rates'

On the other hand, if you are just dipping your toes in the water, it totally make sense to find a deal, and then go big when you know exactly what you want! :D

Well, "just dipping my toes in the water" is it. Honestly, I really enjoy playing it. The question is, will I keep it or get something else....I am 60, married, raised 4 girls, adopted 2 grandkids and a disabled veteran. That said, if I want something else, I want to at least try to get my money back out of it. I checked the link you posted and it is for SE Custom 22's, nothing for the custom 24 from that year......

I suggest dipping your fingers onto a PRS, although much good info is shared here on the forum, nothing will replace putting your hands on some PRSi and letting your fingers and ears make the decision.

Of course, once he does this, he will be forever opening his wallet for another PRS!

And, for the love of ... Chief, gird your loins if you dare to enter the Private Stock Friday or PRS Dealer's Forums. That way lay danger. ;)

Back