Newbie Here with two questions

lwildcatz

Hello! I'm new to this forum and I've learned so much browsing the board. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking at getting a PRS and the stain on one I'm thinking about purchasing is obsidian. I have been a traditional burst or earth tone type of guy with my guitars but I'm thinking about trying something different and obsidian (looking at the photos) really caught my eye. It appears to be a green/maybe grayish combo color. I have not seen this color in person and was wondering what those of you who have actually seen or own a prs in this stains thoughts are? I guess I'm concerned that it might be a color I would tire of over time. So any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

And question number two is about the Experience 18 Paul's Guitar. I really wanted one of these a few years back when they were introduced but I didn't have the funds at that time. Does anyone know if they have given a retail price for the Pauls guitar yet and also i looks like they stopped producing it this year in the core line. So if the experience limited is way out of my budget, any rumblings that they might reintroduce the model for the core line again?

Thanks for any opinions and assistance.

Take care,

LW

Obsidian is a nice choice of colour.

One thing to consider is that each guitar is hand stained and each piece of timber that the top is made of is different. Soooo, each top will be slightly different from the next and unique.

Try and see one in person, if you can.

Good luck with your search.

Hello! I'm new to this forum and I've learned so much browsing the board. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking at getting a PRS and the stain on one I'm thinking about purchasing is obsidian. I have been a traditional burst or earth tone type of guy with my guitars but I'm thinking about trying something different and obsidian (looking at the photos) really caught my eye. It appears to be a green/maybe grayish combo color. I have not seen this color in person and was wondering what those of you who have actually seen or own a prs in this stains thoughts are? I guess I'm concerned that it might be a color I would tire of over time. So any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

And question number two is about the Experience 18 Paul's Guitar. I really wanted one of these a few years back when they were introduced but I didn't have the funds at that time. Does anyone know if they have given a retail price for the Pauls guitar yet and also i looks like they stopped producing it this year in the core line. So if the experience limited is way out of my budget, any rumblings that they might reintroduce the model for the core line again?

Thanks for any opinions and assistance.

Take care,

LW

I'd hit up a dealer for pricing on the Paul's 18. We are not allowed to talk Retail pricing here. I will say this, I bought one of the Special Semi-Hollow Limiteds, and it was priced in line with typical core pricing.

I haven't had an Obsidian finish, so I can't comment there. Well, other than I think it's a cool finish!

The Exp 2018 Paul's Guitar is sometimes described as a PS-like guitar at "half the cost" of a PS. Which still makes it more expensive than a regular core, even a 10-top. As @bodia suggests, a quick search will find you dealers with them now in stock.

You will likely prefer to buy a used Paul's guitar, unless the specs on this one truly ring your bell.

What PRS calls Obsidian has always seemed weird to me - I like it, but the name jars with what I see. Obsidian is a jet-black glassy material...
good for killing white walkers
not greenish-hint-of-brown/gray.

I still want a guitar in Obsidian, one day.

Back