New ZM with finish issues including cracks

Tedder

Unprofessional
Hey guys!

I received my ZM on Friday and it has finish issues with sand throughs (I think) and several cracks and a spot where the finish is lifting. I have sent an email to my Sweetwater guy but I doubt they have any extra ZM's laying around from this shipment. What should I ask for? Assuming they have another and can ship it them great but what if I have to wait for another shipment? Do I ask them to throw a better case in for free? Ask that someone personally insures I get a good guitar cent next time? Maybe a discount on price? I'm also unsure if the next batch is going to be any better because I think they are rushing to fill the market demands for this model.

I've never had to return something like this that could potentially take months to resolve. Going to another store isn't an option since I'm using their card for an interest free deal. I'm a little frustrated as I'm still in the moment of realizing whats just happened so maybe I'm over reacting too. lol

Thanks in advance!

Do we really need three threads to discuss this? Just sayin'

I understand that it is both heartbreaking and a problem, but won't it be easier to follow if it is all in one place?

The original, still active thread: PRS-SE-Zach-Myers-Trampas-Green-Subpar-finishing

Edit: check that, now I see that there are FOUR threads on the QC for the ZM SE.

Last edited:
Sweetwater told me today that they would reserve me another guitar in the next shipment at the end of the month. Also said that I could most likely keep the subpar model until the new one ships.

Thanks. I didn't mean to get a a bunch of separate threads going... I just didn't want to step on the other OP's thread. :)

Thanks for the heads up about what Sweetwater told you. I really appreciate it. :)

Back