New Year's Eve

Jester

No plans here. Just staying home with the wife and kids. We used to celebrate with a bit more enthusiasm. I was living in NYC for 99/00. Went to Vegas for 00/01 with my wife-to-be. We were drinking at a bar at the MGM that caught on fire. It was a bit of a stampede as the place was evacuated, but I don’t think anyone was hurt.

What are you doing this year? Do you have any particularly memorable ones?

This year I have a gig like most years.
My best NYE was last year when I ran in the New Year with the wife and kids @ The Magic Kingdom in Florida

Home alone watching college football. My wife is visiting a friend. I have no desire to be in Erie, PA in January where one can get frostbite walking between the car and front door to the house.

It's been difficult to surpass New Year's Eve of '74/'75 at the New York Academy of Music. Blue Oyster Cult finally came on at 3:00 AM. Carmen and Camel as the opening acts were bad. BOC was great and Eric Bloom kept his New Year's resolution and shaved his beard on stage during the finale.

These days it's a lot less exciting. No Dick Clark to make fun of this year.

Home as always. Or "lame, as always", I'm sure my daughter will say. Will likely flip between New Year's Rocking Eve, just to see what they say about Dick Clark, and will likely spend most of the time watching Kathy Griffin on CNN. Unless I decide to toss in a DVD instead.

Nothing special, probably just fly to NYC, hang out with Bono, watch some football, maybe jam a little and help him learn how to cop a Coldplay vibe.

Nothing special, probably just fly to NYC, hang out with Bono, ...

Oh good - I didn't think I would know anyone at Bono's shindig - see you there :p

Whatchoo guys talkin' about. Hate to break it to you...but one of his ex's...the one he did the TV variety show with... Ms. Sarkasian.... told me that Sonny died in a skiing accident many years ago :bawling:. You guys hanging out with Chastity?? I mean Chaz? I mean.....:dontknow:

Staying home this year.

Most memorable was 99/00...just me and my then-fiancee in Dillon, Colorado...watching fireworks over the water.

Man...life before kids...that seems like ages ago.

Think we're going out for dinner and coming home, watch a movie or something.

I have not been given my NYE schedule yet, but I suspect at least 1 Grandchild will be involved :D

Mark...you're very lucky. My grandson is 5 months old, and he lives in Virginia...I only get to see him very infrequently, or via "Skype-type" interactions. Have a wonderful evening with your offspring's offspring.

Got a gig in the dive-y-est dive bar we play. I expect nudity - wanted and unwanted - by 9:30pm. :eek: A hellova way to break in the new amp. :D

Back