New weapon of choice for playing Thin Lizzy

andypwudtone

Grew up to Thin Lizzy and still a huge inspiration when it comes to guitar based music. Played Les Paul's for some 25 years, but getting older (and not playing as often) the thicker neck heel / body joint of a Les Paul is now a bit too much of a handful to get around ( literally). Really do like the easier upper fret access on this CU22. Playing Lizzy has never been so natural and the Les Paul , grunt / bite, headroom, I need is all there.

Nice plucking & CU .......................but I was waiting for the opening riff of jailbreak.:D (One of the first ones I learned;))

For my money, Brian's solo on Still In Love With You from the live album is the benchmark. As a whole, the Cowboy Song is my favorite.

"Cowboy Song" has got to be my favorite, too. Started learning it recently, need to go back and put in the work to master it.

I must clarify something. Brian's live solo from the DVD of the Rainbow Room is the one to which I was referring. The Live and Dangerous solo is a mish-mash of Gary Moore's solo that Phil made him learn. Watch the DVD and hear a totally different solo. It's gone from you tube, so don't look there.

Or the second solo in Cowboy Song (starting around the 4:20 mark). Jailbreak was the first album I ever bought with my own money

Same here. Bought just before I saw them live at the Liverpool Empire (plus another 3 times after that). Never forgotten

Last edited:
Live & Dangerous was the album I learned to play guitar on. You could use the balance control to basically switch 1 guitar off., and vice versa.

Still playing: Rosalie, Don't Believe A Word, The Boys Are Back In Town, The Rocker & Suicide in bands to this day.

All on a 2006 Custom 24 :)

Back