New User

Assumer

Hey guys. New here and looking at joining the fold. Being a lefty I have not had much opportunity to pick up an American PRS. Looking at a custom 24. It has the thin wide pattern neck which I have never held. Any insight to this model would be much appreciated. The closest thing I have is a Suhr PT model which I really like. I get along with a variety of necks but don’t like bigger necks like a Gibson 50s neck.
Thanks I’m advance.

It's not super thin, like an Ibanez Wizard neck. Welcome to the forum.

u8oOM34.jpg

Hey guys. New here and looking at joining the fold. Being a lefty I have not had much opportunity to pick up an American PRS. Looking at a custom 24. It has the thin wide pattern neck which I have never held. Any insight to this model would be much appreciated. The closest thing I have is a Suhr PT model which I really like. I get along with a variety of necks but don’t like bigger necks like a Gibson 50s neck.
Thanks I’m advance.
Welcome to the party.

Hi and welcome! I'm new here too and also a lefty. I can tell you that I picked up an SE Custom 24 in the summer of last year and I immediately fell in love with it. So much so that I found another one from 2019 with the roasted maple fingerboard and I bought that too.

I love the neck on my SEs. It's perfect for me in that it's somewhere between a Fender and a Wizard. This neck profile will be the one I compare all of my future guitars to.

I've had good luck finding lefties on Reverb and even with people accepting offers on there. If you haven't already check them out. Sweetwater also has a pretty good selection of lefties in stock, including PRS.

Thanks Xcaliber. I ended up purchasing a custom 24 wood library special order from sweet water. Should be here Wednesday. I have an SE custom 24 that I also love but wanted to try the USA version. I wish they would offer the single cut in a lefty.

Back