New to the world of PRS. Looking for a little guidance.

EcityHero

Hello all! This is my first post, and as the title says, I am completely new to the world of PRS

Basically, I have decided I want to get a PRS but I am having a bit of trouble nailing down which model(s) fit the bill. I was hoping for a bit of guidance

In order to ease my recent bout of GAS without flaring up my chronic Angry Wife Syndrome too badly, I'm trying to find a SE model that I will be happy with... if it exists.

What I'm looking for is a SE version of the CU22 -with- the beveled top. (Stoptail, dove inlays, 22 frets, humbuckers and beveled top are a must)

So, does such thing exist? I've been looking to no avail for the last couple of days. I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm going to have to dig in and make battle preparations. The wifey is going to be no happy when she see's a PRS CU22 clear the account.. :box:

Thanks in advance

I don't think what you're looking for exists in an SE model. The custom 24 has everything but the stoptail (and it's 24 frets of course)

I also wish your exact specs existed in an SE. I used to have a CU22 (before the birds and beveled top were even options) to those specs and it got stolen. Unfortunately for us it does not

Yeah I agree with Zeke, I don't think it exists right now. The Clint Lowery model when it comes out is sort of close, but 24 frets, and a 25/5" scale. Maybe that will work.

What about the used market for a CU22? I'd like something like what you're talking about too, beveled top, humbuckers (with split coil option please), 25" scale (or even 24.5), 22 frets is fine with me, and an adjustable tonepros stoptail bridge (like the Lowery model has). With a cool looking finish (please no more blue).

Thanks for the input guys!

I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for a good deal on the right one

I'll hop on the "buy used" bandwagon. Tons of them out there, and the market is still weak, so there are deals to be had. You can also save a little money by finding one that does not have 10 top or birds.

Back