New to the forum & new to PRS (SE Santana content)

frpax

Hi guys and girls!

I'm Frank and I just got my first PRS, an SE Santana (newer style)!

Here's a crappy cell phone pic:

AA35ECAB-7B0E-4BC7-AA97-7DE5A28E7B88_zpswgs6flxy.jpg

Very nice!
My 2012 SE Santana was my introduction to PRS summer of 2012.
It was all downhill after that ;)

Very nice!
My 2012 SE Santana was my introduction to PRS summer of 2012.
It was all downhill after that ;)

+1 +1 and +1

Mine was a Santana Yellow one in Fall 2011 - a reintroduction after putting down my axes and selling off all my gear some 10 years prior.

It's been a very active 2+ years for me. I've fallen back in love with the instrument, and significantly improved both my playing of and appreciation for these instruments.

You made a great choice. Love the neck pickup on those.

Welcome to the family...and many happy returns! I've said before that PRS SEs are like potato chips...

Last edited:
I had a 2012 SE Santana... Shouldn't have sold it off. That thing was just stupid-good. And not just "for the price" -- The thing was awesome at any price.

I had a 2012 SE Santana... Shouldn't have sold it off. That thing was just stupid-good. And not just "for the price" -- The thing was awesome at any price.
+1!

After setting it up to suit my style of playing and spending some quality time with it over the past 2 days, I REALLY like this guitar!

When I got it the bridge was set quite high in a full floating arrangement. Since I almost never use tremolo, I slammed the bridge down onto the top and tightened the claw so that there is no bridge movement when I palm mute. I then had to raise the saddles (a lot) to get the strings off the frets. But once I got all that sorted out and got it all tuned up, MAN O MAN!

The pickups are fantastic and sound great clean or distorted. Each pickup has it's own personality and together they just SING!

The neck is much slimmer than anything I've ever had before, but I really like it.

Overall, this is one of the nicest guitars I've ever owned!

Back