New to PRS..looking at a '97 CE22 black

Phins74

Looking at my first PRS. Have all the Gibsons and Fenders I want at the moment.
Pretty good shape $1200. If you were gonna spend 1200 to 1800 would have an eye out for something else?

Lots to look at in that price range. CE (22 & 24) are both great options. If you specifically looking for a bolt on. Otherwise, you can likely find a McCarty in that price range, and perhaps a Custom 24 (or 22). That price on that CE-22 you mentioned above is in line.

Lots to look at in that price range. CE (22 & 24) are both great options. If you specifically looking for a bolt on. Otherwise, you can likely find a McCarty in that price range, and perhaps a Custom 24 (or 22). That price on that CE-22 you mentioned above is in line.

Agreed! $1800 buys a whole lot of used PRS. Keep an eye out for Standards too, I think they sound better than Customs, and are cheaper.

The 97 ce22 should have dragon 1 pickups which are super cool.

I have one and I love the dragon 1s for higher gain stuff but rolling down volume cleans the guitar up nicely and produces very useable tones.

I don't have it at the moment or I would post a pic. Its black burst.

There are plenty of PRS fish in the sea in your price range. Let the search begin...

Back