New to PRS just purchased an S2 Custom 24 needs more specs

ScaryLarry

I have not received my S2 yet and I am trying to purchase a hard case but can't find the guitar's measurements anywhere and I am very surprised that the PRS site does not have guitar measurements, weights etc.

The guitar is a 2019 S2 Custom 24

Thanks,
SL

It'll be the same dimensions roughly as other Custom 24s (core or SE). Any case that fits those would be fine.

You'll find that a pretty sizeable chunk of the population here uses the PRS gig bags. They're not quite Mono but really good. The only case I have came with my Wood Library.

I'm unclear why weight would factor into case choice. All guitars will weigh different amounts, in and around 8lbs I would think.

I have not received my S2 yet and I am trying to purchase a hard case but can't find the guitar's measurements anywhere and I am very surprised that the PRS site does not have guitar measurements, weights etc.

The guitar is a 2019 S2 Custom 24

Thanks,
SL

Maybe it’s because in 7 years of this forum’s existence you’re the only person who’s ever asked for them.

Why not ask your dealer to measure one for you?

Thanks for the info everyone. I am just used to having manufactures publish specs.
I'm going to try using the gig bag first.

SLarry

Good, I have 10 gig bags with guitars in them, and a bunch of hard cases under my bed that are empty. All PRS. You’ll find that the Silver Sky gig bag is really, really nice. You can buy any case you might want from the PRS website. Nice choice on the guitar, by the way.

Last edited:
Good, I have 10 gig bags with guitars in them, and a bunch of hard cases under my bed that are empty. All PRS. By the way, the Silver Sky gig bag is really, really nice. You can buy any case you might want from the PRS website. Nice choice on the guitar, by the way.
I had no idea the PRS gig bags were that nice, so I am going to see how I like it. Yes thanks it should be a nice guitar and I am looking forward to a 24 fret guitar.

Back