New to PRS and New PRS

SamIV

New to the forum and my first PRS. It is a PRS SE Tremonti Custom. Not the best of pics, but that is it below. I played a lot in the late 70's and 80's, then gave it up and sold all my equipment. Picked it up after a 25 year lay off and bought a bunch of guitars. Fender, G&L and many imports. Used to be a Les Paul guy only, but I just can't bond with them anymore for some reason. I was favoring 25 1/2 scale guitars lately. As mentioned, I bought quite a few imports and all needed some type of work on them as well as the beigger named guitars. All needed fret leveing, had nut issues, fret sprout, and general set-up issues. This is the first guitar I have bought in years that all I had to do was lower the action a little. Frets are level, and properly dressed. The set up was very close, all I did was lower the action a little.

I buy waaaay too many guitars and only keep a few. Was looking at an 80's model guitar that sold for $1400 today and brought this guitar in to compare to. It did not come close in playablity or tone. Kinda felt bad for the store owner. He was not a PRS dealer.

This guitar gives me the LP tone I have been after, and the comfort of the longer scale I like. May be a few more PRS in my future. I do prefer plain tops and hoping to see a few more in the future.

IMG_1525_zpshsuyoa3f.jpg
IMG_1539_zpswblbpbfm.jpg

Congratulations and welcome! I love Sapphire Blue! Great axe!!

Very nice, and welcome to the forum.
I also took a thirty year break from playing, and got rid of all of my gear.
Got back into it I 2012, and I have enough gear now to open a store :D
Also have a 2012 SE Tremonti Custom, and next to my son's new Christmas present (SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow), the Tremonti is my favorite SE.

Last edited:
Digging that blue! My SE Tremonti Custom is the Charcoal/Black. Just a great guitar all around.....

Welcome to the forum. I'm new myself and I almost bought that model. I love the look of the sapphire against the black back and neck. It works for me. Enjoy!:)

Beautiful axe! I took a 15ish year break from guitar myself, sold all my gear, etc. Came back in 2011 with an SE Santana, then an SE CU24, then a NOS Mira...and then things REALLY got out of hand.

Play the snot out of her!

Back