gaia

Hi i'm new , hallo to everybody
i have always played fender stratocaster and telecaster
but 1 month ago i played a prs and i loved it very quickly

and price/quality for the LE is really amazing

well i like to play moslty pink floyd , and all music outside metal

i found a prs tremonti Le , beautiful guitar , at least the color

may i ask you 3 questions?
1) the neck should be a wide thin , very close to the fender neck ?

2) the 2 pickups can give me a clean sound or only the bridge pick up?

3) for my first prs le ,is a good choice? does it use the jumbo frets?
can you give me some feebacks , advises and so on

thanks
best regards
sorry for my poor english

hi
i'm going to buy this guitar , can you give me please some feedbacks?
about the frets , are they jumbo like the standard strato usa (now are called professional)

are the pickup too aggressive ? most for distortion?
at least ,if it's shield
thanks

Last edited:
we don't understand your question?
PRS Tremonti LE does not exist.
there's a 25.5 inch baritone model LE

http://www.baritoneguitar.org/blog/prs-introduces-the-tremonti-baritone

you need to be more accurate with your question.
post a picture
hi
the guitar is Paul Reed Smith Se Mark Tremonti
i can find a big releseller in Europe "PRS SE Tremonti Custom GB"

can i post a link ?
thank you so much
sjKjK5o.png

uloDvtG.png

Welcome! To answer your questions:
1. The WideThin neck is not what I would consider similar to the Fender ‘C’ carve. It’s different but not drastically far.
2. The Tremonti model was made for a guy who loves gain and crystal cleans, drastically different. The pickups are made for both clean and dirty. If I were looking for something that was less metal-centric, I’d consider the SE245 or a Vela, or even the SE Custom 24.
3. You’re looking at a baritone guitar, which is different from a normal scale length PRS and may be different from what you are seeking.

Double-check your work, but you’ll be happy with almost anything you choose. Good luck!

Welcome! To answer your questions:
1. The WideThin neck is not what I would consider similar to the Fender ‘C’ carve. It’s different but not drastically far.
2. The Tremonti model was made for a guy who loves gain and crystal cleans, drastically different. The pickups are made for both clean and dirty. If I were looking for something that was less metal-centric, I’d consider the SE245 or a Vela, or even the SE Custom 24.
3. You’re looking at a baritone guitar, which is different from a normal scale length PRS and may be different from what you are seeking.

Double-check your work, but you’ll be happy with almost anything you choose. Good luck!
hi thanks
do you know if the guitar is shield or shielded ?
and are the frets medium jumbo?
crystal cleans = i used to play fender , i could love the tone

and the quality of wood , hardware?
it's single cut , should have a good sustain
thanks Boogie!

almost all of the PRS guitars have excellent sustain no worries you willl be very happy.
the guitar would not be shielded, however the tremonti SE is alll humbucker no coil splits, so it should be very quiet.
the frets would be medium jumbo,
great demo showing the flexibility of that guitar.
It is not fender clean but very nice moderate cleans, leaing towards high gain excellence.
I owned one for 7 years Untill I bought the DGT which replced it. It is extremely flexible guitar but no coil taps on tremonti.
As boogie said 2 other great simialar guitars
Decide on trem or no trem coil taps no coil taps
SE custom 24
SE 245
specs
https://www.prsguitars.com/products/se/

IMO you shouldn't want it to sound like your Strat. You have a Strat for that. The Tremonti will be different than what you are used to hearing but that will only give you a new range of tones. If you are playing through a Fender amp you will need to move the tone controls to get into a range that sounds right to you, but you should like what you hear.

That should be a Tremonti SE Custom. I have one that I bought as a shell. These guitars have excellent sustain, and the trem goes way up as well as down when set up properly, it’s a humbucker guitar that cleans up very nicely. It can also scream when you crank the amp. The neck is a very fast wide thin. Listen to Mark Tremonti. That’ll tell you what the guitar can do. I’m in year 5 of owning mine.

hi thanks
do you know if the guitar is shield or shielded ?
and are the frets medium jumbo?
crystal cleans = i used to play fender , i could love the tone

and the quality of wood , hardware?
it's single cut , should have a good sustain
thanks Boogie!
All of the neck carves at PRS are comfortable, to me. PRS has made a name for themselves with their less expensive model lines and how easy they are to play. Their quality is exemplary and I think you’ll like it, regardless.

almost all of the PRS guitars have excellent sustain no worries you willl be very happy.
the guitar would not be shielded, however the tremonti SE is alll humbucker no coil splits, so it should be very quiet.
the frets would be medium jumbo,
great demo showing the flexibility of that guitar.
It is not fender clean but very nice moderate cleans, leaing towards high gain excellence.
I owned one for 7 years Untill I bought the DGT which replced it. It is extremely flexible guitar but no coil taps on tremonti.
As boogie said 2 other great simialar guitars
Decide on trem or no trem coil taps no coil taps
SE custom 24
SE 245
specs
https://www.prsguitars.com/products/se/
Hi
in the video he plays with distortion all the time :(

but is a single cut ? solidbody ?

can't understand why they are not shield even the cheap fender or epiphone are shield

is there a tutorial to setup the bridge (with tremolo ) "in the psr site there is PRS Patented Molded Tremolo with Trem-Up Route" ?
thanks

Last edited:
Hi

can't understand why they are not shield even the cheap fender or epiphone are shield

is there a tutorial to setup the bridge (with tremolo ) "in the psr site there is PRS Patented Molded Tremolo with Trem-Up Route" ?
thanks
the really cheap guitars that use cheap electronics, shielding paint is one of the cheaper things you can do, they're doing that less and less these days.
PRS uses quite good quality electronics even on their budget models, it just doesn't require shielding.
yes it's a completely solid body single cut very similar to a Les Paul.
you will not have to set up the tremolo, tehy cone fronm factory excellent, there are dozens of videos on YouTube how to adjust the guitar tremolo.
Here's the best clean tones I could find, for the PRS Tremonti SE clean tones.
Skip the first 20 minutes of video of full signature Model $4000, go to 20:08 minutes to get to clean SE demo, they are strong pickups capable of quite good clean tones, but it does push almost any amp into crunchy tone.

the really cheap guitars that use cheap electronics, shielding paint is one of the cheaper things you can do, they're doing that less and less these days.
PRS uses quite good quality electronics even on their budget models, it just doesn't require shielding.
yes it's a completely solid body single cut very similar to a Les Paul.
you will not have to set up the tremolo, tehy cone fronm factory excellent, there are dozens of videos on YouTube how to adjust the guitar tremolo.
Here's the best clean tones I could find, for the PRS Tremonti SE clean tones.
Skip the first 20 minutes of video of full signature Model $4000, go to 20:08 minutes to get to clean SE demo, they are strong pickups capable of quite good clean tones, but it does push almost any amp into crunchy tone.
hi
i had always to setup the bridge , i use not 44-09 and not 46-10 strings , i like 11 or bigger
to do it , needs to add springs and tweak the truss rod ,on every guitars
i have seeing prs have 4 springs ,all the guitar i have seen come with 3 springs
i have tried a prs le and it's noisy
i guess i should use copper tape
thanks

hi
about
they are strong pickups capable of quite good clean tones, but it does push almost any amp into crunchy tone.
but if lower the pickup heigh will play more clean and less powerfull and less crunchy tone?
just like fender ,it enough to lower the pick up

thanks

Hi

thanks

I'm not sure about Epiphone, but my Les Paul 1960 Reissue is not shielded. They have potted humbuckers and I've never had any issues with them. My Core PRSi, as far as I know, are not shielded either. A good humbucker in a guitar that has been correctly grounded should not need shielding. Sometimes unpotted humbuckers can be unyielding in a live setting, but a potted one shouldn't give you any issues. Though some people prefer the sound of unpotted pups. You need shielding on guitars like a Strat or a Tele with single coils and a huge pickguard that are prone to static.

Hi i'm new , hallo to everybody
i have always played fender stratocaster and telecaster
but 1 month ago i played a prs and i loved it very quickly

and price/quality for the LE is really amazing

well i like to play moslty pink floyd , and all music outside metal

i found a prs tremonti Le , beautiful guitar , at least the color

may i ask you 3 questions?
1) the neck should be a wide thin , very close to the fender neck ?

2) the 2 pickups can give me a clean sound or only the bridge pick up?

3) for my first prs le ,is a good choice? does it use the jumbo frets?
can you give me some feebacks , advises and so on

thanks
best regards
sorry for my poor english

If you're going to buy any guitar, you should play one first.

The SE Tremonti Custom comes with SE SC245 pickups, and they are very HOT meaning high output. If you hit the strings hard, even the cleanest amp will break up (distort).

I swapped to USA Tremonti signature pickups, and they're even hotter but, they sound fuller and thicker while providing ultimate clarity.

Hope this helps

Back