New to PRS… Choosing model.

So… NGD was kind of a let down. The guitar showed up — and it is impressive but…. The finish on the edge of the fingerboard is completely chipped and peeling. If it was on the bottom of the board, where you don’t see in playing position, it would be a bit more tolerable.

In any case, it’s going back. So I’m still on the hunt.

Yes, definitely a bummer. The seller was good and sent me a return label right away though. We’ll see how long it takes to get my money back now…

So… NGD was kind of a let down. The guitar showed up — and it is impressive but…. The finish on the edge of the fingerboard is completely chipped and peeling. If it was on the bottom of the board, where you don’t see in playing position, it would be a bit more tolerable.

In any case, it’s going back. So I’m still on the hunt.

no...No....NO!!!! :mad: That is the kind of sh*t that needs to be disclosed BEFORE any deal is made. There is no way that pix were posted of this instrument and that was NOT supposed to be pointed out. That was shady dealing if you ask me. I hope this isn't going to ruin your intro to PRS Guitars.

Hey guys

Just wanted to follow up. I went to check out a Hollowbody II today and stumbled onto a screaming good deal on a ES-335. Too good to pass up. About 32% off the normal price for a brand new one with blocks and a figured top!

So… I’ll keep looking for the right PRS but this will keep me busy in the meantime !

Cobgrats. Finding the right guitar for you is what is about in a hunt. Have fun and we will be seeing you BACK. Because there is no substitute for a PRS

Thanks all. Oddly enough, that’s where I started thinking but, given this is a bit of an experiment, I’d like to find something for less than $3k.

I haven’t seen a DGT for that price but maybe I’ll go back to looking for a McCarty or even a 22 Custom. Any years or features I should look for?

I hadn’t seen Paul’s guitar before but will definitely check it out.
I played a DGT the other day, squeaky clean …… shoot me now….
I hated the switching…….……..

Back