New (to me) Truck Day

mezzio

The Force is weak in ^^
A couple years ago, we blew up the transmission on out Explorer, having to get a new vehicle at the time, and having a quarter of the income we have now, we thought it would be a good idea to get a small, more fuel efficient car, so we got a Focus. It was great getting 400 miles on 10 gallons for a while, compared to the 350 miles on 20 gallons we got in the Exploder, but it got real old not being able to do anything, like go to the hardware store and pick up some wood, or get a couple bikes in the trunk.

Well last night, I finally got a new truck, and I'm fortunate enough to have gotten the truck I've been dreaming about for years! It's a 2013 F-150 SVT Raptor (not like the front end totally doesn't give it away, lol). It might put a cap on what I can spend on my PS, but I really don't care at this point, lol. I was able to get it for a few hundred under blue book, so I don't feel too bad about buying used from a dealership (especially after talking to my buddy who also owns one and told me many dealers try to sell them for several thousand over blue book, with many putting a $10k 'dealer fee' on new Raptors).

I feel like a little boy at Christmas now who just got his favorite toy, and still can't believe I finally got one

Congrats! My son has been bugging me (he's 15) that I should get one of those, or at least get one for him next year LOL!

Congrats! My son has been bugging me (he's 15) that I should get one of those, or at least get one for him next year LOL!

Get one when he turns 16, and hide a beater behind it, he'll get stoked when you have him keys, and you'll get a laugh when you jump in the raptor and drive off.

I love that truck.
Been treatening to get one since they came out.

Don't threaten, just do it!!

Test drove one of those when they first came out. Very cool truck but a bit overdone for strictly street use. Hope you get to use it as intended occasionally. ..
Are they getting better than 10 mpg now?

Test drove one of those when they first came out. Very cool truck but a bit overdone for strictly street use. Hope you get to use it as intended occasionally. ..
Are they getting better than 10 mpg now?

I've been averaging 12.8mpg, lol. There's a pretty active Raptor forum that always has off-road meets, so I'll be looking to get in on some of those :)

Nice ride. I love my 06 F150. How do they sound? Never heard one in person but i know from experience a simple Flowmaster cat back set up really wakes them up.

It sounds like a stock truck. You hear more rumble inside the cab that you do outside, it's definitely a bit quicker than any of the other F150's I looked at, lol.

Congrats! Man, that's nice! I love the black and white look. Ford pickups are almost a religion here in Texas, so if you ever make it down this way you'll fit right in.

I feel for you about the mpg. My old Dodge gets about 10 on a good day.

Goldtop Lloyd

That's a nice truck and all, but you'd be surprised what I've been able to fit in my Nissan Versa hatchback. :p
This! I used to load a head, 412 cab, pedalboard, and 2-3 guitars all into my Kia Soul. And I average 30 mpg ;)

On a serious note, that's a pretty sweet truck. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Yeah, I could have gotten something smaller, but it wouldn't have been a Raptor

You have the advantage of the crew cab. And it's a short bed, so at least it'll fit in a parking spot! My dad has an F-150 crew cab long bed and it's a nightmare in parking lots! Great truck, though.

Very nice! I'm not really a Ford guy when it comes to trucks, but the Raptors are sweet! Congrats!

You have the advantage of the crew cab. And it's a short bed, so at least it'll fit in a parking spot! My dad has an F-150 crew cab long bed and it's a nightmare in parking lots! Great truck, though.

I'll never understand why people buy those big ol' crew cabs with the full size bed... Especially those guys who do it with a dually. This truck is a bit wider than the standard F150, but still manageable.

In my dad's case, he didn't want to sacrifice the bed storage. Tons of room for fishing rods and just about anything back there. Somebody better be hauling something real big to justify a dually. The regular F-150 hauls a bass boat like it isn't even there.

Back