New to Me MDT

RC Mike

I’d been looking at some Marshall-flavored CAD amps. 25ths, Recordings, HXDAs, and MDTs. Just something different than my Custom 50.

After a few false starts, I found an MDT in GC Used. They had a 10% off sale and did another price drop. How could I pass on $1,250?

I’d been looking at some Marshall-flavored CAD amps. 25ths, Recordings, HXDAs, and MDTs. Just something different than my Custom 50.

After a few false starts, I found an MDT in GC Used. They had a 10% off sale and did another price drop. How could I pass on $1,250?
Love my C50 combo, the MDT should be killer too!

Unbelievable price for an incredible amp!!

You got a steal on that one. The CAD amps really benefit from, and show the value of, good tubes (in case you find some sketchy glass in there). Don’t be afraid to throw some quality NOS stuff into it. The build quality is top-shelf, and you can hear it.
They're incredibly well made and brilliantly thought out. And they definitely benefit from NOS glass.

My wife actually placed the order for me. We were on our way to spend five nights camping, and I’d looked at the GC website while she was changing our son’s diaper at a rest stop. Figured I’d better clear it with her first. She said yes and took care of it while I was driving.

Got home today and the amp beat us here by about an hour. After getting partially unpacked from the trip (how can three people absolutely fill a minivan when only being away five nights?!?!) I opened it up. Surprisingly, the person who packed it took the time to pull the tubes and nicely package them separately.

Winged C EL34s and JJs for the three preamp tubes. I got them in, tweaked the bias a hair, and played for about half an hour. So just a brief introduction so far, but I really like it. Very responsive to picking dynamics. It has a nice depth to the sound, for lack of a better term. I’ve got some fun evenings ahead as I get to know it!

My wife actually placed the order for me. We were on our way to spend five nights camping, and I’d looked at the GC website while she was changing our son’s diaper at a rest stop. Figured I’d better clear it with her first. She said yes and took care of it while I was driving.

Got home today and the amp beat us here by about an hour. After getting partially unpacked from the trip (how can three people absolutely fill a minivan when only being away five nights?!?!) I opened it up. Surprisingly, the person who packed it took the time to pull the tubes and nicely package them separately.

Winged C EL34s and JJs for the three preamp tubes. I got them in, tweaked the bias a hair, and played for about half an hour. So just a brief introduction so far, but I really like it. Very responsive to picking dynamics. It has a nice depth to the sound, for lack of a better term. I’ve got some fun evenings ahead as I get to know it!
Outstanding!

Back