New (to me) '97 CE22 needs some TLC

They are. I've bought rings a couple of times, which is why I now have an abundance of screws. :cool:

The modern style rings are great, so I don't think you'd regret the upgrade. Just depends on how original you're trying to keep it.

I don't really care if they are not the orginal rings. I'd rather have something trivial like pickup rings look nice than try to preserve ones that are in poor condition for the sake of keeping the guitar truly all orginal.

I don't really care if they are not the orginal rings. I'd rather have something trivial like pickup rings look nice than try to preserve ones that are in poor condition for the sake of keeping the guitar truly all orginal.

Right on. I love the recessed pickup height screws on the new ones. You'll dig 'em.

Beautiful figuring in the top, only a few more bursts of Sergio’s glare and it will look like Collywobbles guitar!;)

Congrats

Oh I forgot to mention one more difference between our ce22s. Mine got the ph2 tuner UPGRADE.

BOOM!!!!!!

The parts are on order thanks again for the links.

I'm thinking of replacing the switch this 5 way rotary switch isn't for me. I'd like to swap it with a regular 3 way toggle switch. I realize I'd lose the coil spit tones but I can't stand this cursed switch. To those who have replaced this switch with a toggle which switch fits best? Is it a simple switchcraft short shaft switch?

Hi everyone. So I had the guitar properly setup fret leveling and a good cleaning i also put on some nickel covers and replaced the pickup rings with ivory ones. The backplate was replaced

Here are some updated pictures. I'm really digging this guitar

Just leave her out in the sun and Sergio will give you a “ban......”. I really need to say these things on my head first!

Congratulations, you’ve given her a new lease of life. Enjoy!

Wow, that's a great job! Now you have me wanting to find a project...

Yeah, that's a keeper. :)

Interesting bend in the trem arm. Did you to that or was it like that?

Wow! That's a beautiful guitar! Looks so much better with all that TLC. I really like the pickup covers, adds a nice aesthetic. Congrats on the find!

Probably be HFS and vintage pups, Dragons were for CU22’s of that era unless someone swapped them in. Plus they look better without covers on CE’s. Should sound huge with the HFS.
CEs came with drag 1s in 97. I have one and even though it's a beater I love it.

Back