new stuff for NAMM....

[QUbetterhawn@PRS, post: 296658, member: 674"]This has been upgraded to include two cup holders, one for each channel[/QUOTE]
It better have a half power switch! !! Lolol

This has been upgraded to include two cup holders, one for each channel
It better have a half power switch! !! Lolol

I hate to burst your bubble, but a half-power switch on that would be a very bad idea.

With the electronics involved, you'd want your cup holders to be full-power all the time, otherwise you run a real risk of having liquid get into the innards, and that would be shockingly bad.

I would think if they are going to hype before the holidays the Sonzera page
With specs clips will go live later this week

The Gear page forum has pictures of the internal guts of these amps. On another subject I think PRS is crazy if the 594 model is not represented throughout the line, i.e. SE, CE, and S2. I think they will fly off the shelves. I believe his amp line could really take off with a combo pack S2 594 and PRS 20 amp package (or Sonzera)!

Guitar Center's website lists the 20 watt combo now. It says available 2-13-2017. Just in time for Valentine's Day.

The Gear page forum has pictures of the internal guts of these amps. On another subject I think PRS is crazy if the 594 model is not represented throughout the line, i.e. SE, CE, and S2. I think they will fly off the shelves. I believe his amp line could really take off with a combo pack S2 594 and PRS 20 amp package (or Sonzera)!

PM me the link?

The only thing I could find on TGP is from early Nov, and the gut shots there do not match the Sonzera amp shown on the GC website:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/22926746/

vs

http://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS/Sonzera-20-Watt-Combo.gc

(look at the control layout, back panel, etc. Even for a prototype it is way wrong).

EDIT: and on further inspection, it looks like they say "...om 50" and "...ustom 30" in the far left. The controls look like DG Custom 30 and 50 layout too, so my bet is they are just variations of those.

If there is another more recent photo showing the actual new Sonzera amp internals, I'd be interested.

I might pick up a 20W combo - be a good grab-and-go amp, if not too heavy - claims to be 42lbs, which is probably OK. Price seems right too.

Last edited:
Looks like more the SE version of the custom 20 and 50s
By the description I am not seeing
Hi gain a la Archon only appears
3 gain stages vs the 5 in the Arch
Hopefully Tremonti beast is unveiled at NAMM
I don't think these are the droids I was looking for

The only thing I could find on TGP is from early Nov, and the gut shots there do not match the Sonzera amp shown on the GC website:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/22926746/

vs

http://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS/Sonzera-20-Watt-Combo.gc

(look at the control layout, back panel, etc. Even for a prototype it is way wrong).

EDIT: and on further inspection, it looks like they say "...om 50" and "...ustom 30" in the far left. The controls look like DG Custom 30 and 50 layout too, so my bet is they are just variations of those.

If there is another more recent photo showing the actual new Sonzera amp internals, I'd be interested.

I might pick up a 20W combo - be a good grab-and-go amp, if not too heavy - claims to be 42lbs, which is probably OK. Price seems right too.

Thank you. I did not know how to post link. I guess its not the Sonzera/

Looks like more the SE version of the custom 20 and 50s
By the description I am not seeing
Hi gain a la Archon only appears
3 gain stages vs the 5 in the Arch
Hopefully Tremonti beast is unveiled at NAMM
I don't think these are the droids I was looking for

Agreed, we need info on the Tremarchon. Mark has said release in "March" (2017) many times. If that's true, WE HAVE to see it at NAMM. PRS is confirmed to be attending so surely they won't keep this monster under the sheet.

I have money set aside for it. All they have to do is take it!

shut-up-and-take-my-money-23274.jpg

Looks very similar to the prior SE amps control layout. No complaints from me on that one, if they're similar amps and tweaked the voicing appropriately, they'll be very, very good. Happy to see the bias adjust remains, and addition of a presence knob is a huge plus. Although sad to not have a bright switch on the clean channel, and the 3-way on/stby/off switch has been replaced by the classic double switch layout.

Only speaking for the 20, can't see any shots of the 50 yet.

Back